Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fired for not putting hurt dog on airplane.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fired for not putting hurt dog on airplane.

Someone needs an ass kicking.

The dog was bleeding and could barely stand up. So yeah, let's put it on a plane! What could possibly go wrong!

The manager sounds like a brainless idiot who can only act on policy even when it defies all common sense. He's the one that should be fired, not the lady trying to do the right thing.

Strange. The Daily What lifts most of the story from it's source at RGJ, but changes some odd details and omits some moderately salient details.

Such as the fact that the company she worked for is actively investigating the issue and the language of the superior made it clear that he intended for her to assume that he was firing her.

Based on the comments about the dog's condition by airport personnel as well as others who saw it, one would hope that the supervisor gets canned, the woman gets offered her job back, and the owner gets hit with a juicy fine for animal cruelty as well as some nice hefty vet bills.

This article at Care2 includes a link at the bottom to contact her former employer's. I, personally, don't believe that anyone other than her direct superior acted in bad faith, and he, rather than own up to his own culpability in the situation, refused to cop to the fact that he gave her the boot because he's a heartless bureaucrat.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

So, we need to kick the idiot supervisors ass and then throw rocks at the dogs owner till it stops being funny?

I hate people who abuse animals.

Comment

Originally posted by bara View Post
        I hate people who abuse animals.
        Me too. They should have reported the asshole owner, but that would probably break some bullshit policy about customer satisfaction.

Comment

I feel really horrible that the woman lost her job, but I think that Karma will reward her in the end. The dog owner needs to be banned from owning animals and her supervisor needs a swift kick in the head with a steel-toed boot.
          A.K.A. ShinyGreenApple

Comment

YAY!

UPDATE: Lynn Jones has been offered her job back as a baggage handler with Airport Terminal Services, with back pay, reports The Washington Post.

Sally Leible, CEO of Airport Terminal Services, said the company will donate an unspecified amount of money to the Nevada Humane Society over the next three years.

Leible claims to have returned to the U.S. “to this firestorm” on Sunday and decided to have the matter reinvestigated.

It is not yet known whether Jones will accept the offer.

Read more: http://www.care2.com/causes/nevada-a...#ixzz1g98upO00
            Happiness is too rare in this world to actually lose it because someone wishes it upon you. -Flyndaran

Comment

Another article at RJG notes that while the dog was in too poor shape to be flow, it was not abused. Those with experience in the matter note that hard-working hunting dogs will often work themselves to the bone while actively hunting, and while the dog probably needed more care prior to being flown home, it was neither abused nor did it have more than minor injuries consistent with an active hunter. Once washed and fed, he was seen to be fine, despite his appearance at the airport.

What I find disgusting are all the comments from hunters who are all up in arms claiming that Jones was "ignorant" and "stupid" and that she should have just listened to her supervisor, turned a blind eye, and shipped the exhausted dog as directed by the paperwork. Assholes, the lot of them.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                What I find disgusting are all the comments from hunters who are all up in arms claiming that Jones was "ignorant" and "stupid" and that she should have just listened to her supervisor, turned a blind eye, and shipped the exhausted dog as directed by the paperwork. Assholes, the lot of them.

^-.-^
                Applause. You can believe these jerks would take care of themselves before getting on a plane.
                Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

I'm a hunter, and I would refuse to let any animal be moved for long periods of time if they're injured, especially if the animal is in a 'deplorable and sickening' state, as was mentioned by other employees that had seen the animal.

My first priority in a hunt is making sure the dog is safe and healthy, which is why the dog stays at HOME when i do go hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Salted Grump View Post
                    I'm a hunter, and I would refuse to let any animal be moved for long periods of time if they're injured, especially if the animal is in a 'deplorable and sickening' state, as was mentioned by other employees that had seen the animal.
                    While the dog appeared to be very sick or injured, it was merely exhausted and hungry. But, as nobody at the airport is a vet capable of making the determination or having the option to take on such a liability, handing the dog over to those who were was the right thing to do.

^-.-^

Comment

Working...
                    X