Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horrible woman filmed stealing flowers from child's grave

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...oys-grave.html

What a total bitch. Hopefully, someone will recognise her from the pictures and turn her into the police. How low can you get?
    "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

I had a friend on another forum who had a baby born without half her brain. She lived for half an hour before she died, and they buried her at a cemetery near the house. The mother would buy little statues to leave there, and then would see them turn up on people's doorstep. To test her theory, she wrote in permanent marker, "THIS STATUE STOLEN FROM BABY'S GRAVE" and then checked next time she passed a house with a familiar statuette. Yes. Yes it was.

Some people are disgusting.
    "So, my little Zillians... Have your fun, as long as I let you have fun... but don't forget who is the boss!"
    We are contented, because he says we are
    He really meant it when he says we've come so far

Comment

Thief turned in by own daughter.

The worst part is in the first picture in this article, you can see the woman looking around to make sure nobody sees her stealing the flowers.

How's that for action, though. Not even a full day gone by and she's already been named.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

After the last time I went to the cemetery... I *almost* wish someone would steal those creepy glow-in-the-dark crosses. Every last one of them.
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

If I EVER see someone stealing anything from a grave, or from one of those memorial Crosses one sees at the site of auto accidents, I will stop on the spot and scream myself hoarse. Who thinks that's okay? And if they pitch a bitch and try to walk off anyway, I'll just telephone the police and make a report.

Comment

That's just incredibly fucked up to steal from somebody's grave! That bitch oughta be shamed for that!
            There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

Originally posted by Skunkle View Post
              If I EVER see someone stealing anything from a grave, or from one of those memorial Crosses one sees at the site of auto accidents, I will stop on the spot and scream myself hoarse. Who thinks that's okay? And if they pitch a bitch and try to walk off anyway, I'll just telephone the police and make a report.
              Graves, I can agree with. But those roadside memorials I have an issue with. And if you would confront a person and get into a screaming match with and then call the police...well it would likely get interesting were you to have seen me at my place in New Hampshire.

I lived in the middle of nowhere and we had an accident where a teenager was killed by a drunk happen just past my driveway.

Shortly thereafter I found a roadside cross as a marker of the death. It was on my property. I called the police and asked them if they could contact the victim's family and ask that they not do that on my land.

Had they asked me I might have let them have something...simple. Planting a tree and a little plaque perhaps. But no, they just went and did it.

So the police told me that they would contact them and told me to just remove the cross. I did and later another one showed up. I removed that one, let the police know and another one showed up.

They kept getting more elaborate too. This went on for the entire year that I was living there after the incident. They were still putting them up and I was still tearing them down. After a while I even stopped being respectful about it. I'd just hook up the brush cutter to the tractor and just run the damn thing over.

One time I even got really cute. I crucified a barbie doll and had it surrounded with smurf figurines wearing blue robes. I'm sure that went over like a fart in Church.

So again, I agree about stealing from graves and from memorial sites that are placed with permission of the owners of the land or are on public land. But I have no problems with anyone who tears one of these things down if it's on their land without permission.
              “There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.” - Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor.

Comment

Dick move, Mongo. Major dick move.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepwalker View Post
                  Dick move, Mongo. Major dick move.
                  How so? Someone willfully and disrespectfully violates your property for a year despite repeated police involvement and that's perfectly fine because they knew someone that died nearby? That's a dick move.

Grief doesn't magically grant you bonus rights or legal immunity.

Comment

It was an effin cross at the site of a death, and he tore it down because they didn't ask permission and it was at the perimeter of his property. If you are going to pit the family's grief against mongo's affronted renter's pride, I am going to side with the family.

Seriously, violates? The only problem mongo had with it was that they didn't ask permission before putting a cross there. Christ, I am surprised he didn't file a letter of protest for someone having the gall to die on his property without permission.

Comment

It was an effin cross at the site of a death, and he tore it down because they didn't ask permission and it was at the perimeter of his property. If you are going to pit the family's grief against mongo's affronted renter's pride, I am going to side with the family.

Seriously, violates? The only problem mongo had with it was that they didn't ask permission before putting a cross there. Christ, I am surprised he didn't file a letter of protest for someone having the gall to die on his property without permission.
                      1) You do need permission to put something on someone else's property. This is non-negotiable. You have no right to do this regardless of your feelings.

2) He did take the polite, official route and had the victim's family contacted and requested they not put things on his property. They obviously did not comply and continued to do so for an entire year.

3) No one died on his property.

Comment

If you are going to pit the family's grief against mongo's affronted renter's pride, I am going to side with the family.
                        Owner...not renter

At first it was crosses. After a while it evolved to fake flowers and plaster figurines. At one point I saw that it had grown to an area of 4 square feet.

That was a low goddamn blow.

And for the record I got fined for having something on my property that was on the side of the ditch that the county claims control of.

You know, that part of the yard that is technically your land but the county maintains the drainage ditches and pipes under your driveway...the part that is technically yours but you can't put anything on legally apart from reflectors around your driveway and a mailbox.

When it grew to four feet square was when I got nailed for the fine since it interfered with the mowing crew.

Sure the barbie and the smurf thing may have been over the top and in poor taste...But the point here is that no one ASKED ME...ME the OWNER of the property if they could do something. They just went and fucking did it anyway. It was not public land, it was not some strip in front of a forest...It was my gorram front yard.

If they want a place to go and grieve THAT'S WHAT THE GRAVEYARD AND THE GRAVE IS FOR!
                        Last edited by Peppergirl; 12-09-2011, 08:53 PM.
                        “There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.” - Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
                          3) No one died on his property.
                          As I mentioned in the last post, everything up to the road was mine even if by law I can't put anything on it without county permission. Both cars involved in the accident ended up in the ditch in front of my house so technically the teenager likely did die on my property.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongo Skruddgemire View Post

One time I even got really cute. I crucified a barbie doll and had it surrounded with smurf figurines wearing blue robes. I'm sure that went over like a fart in Church.
                            I LOLed.

Kudos.

Also Mongo's only problem WASN'T that they did not ask permission, If you reread his post he said he might have consented on something like a tree and a plaque, not a cross.

And even if it was, to me that is a pretty big deal, especially if he can be fined for it, or lower his property value, etc...

Those guys probably never considered the person who lived there. They were being inconsiderate.

I gotta ask though, did you ever actually talked with the guys in question or was all contact done by the police?

And if what they were doing was illegal couldn´t you call the police on them for littering or public obstruction or something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by SkullKing View Post
                              I gotta ask though, did you ever actually talked with the guys in question or was all contact done by the police?
                              Since for privacy reasons, the police would not release the information to me as to the names and addresses of the family members. They actually lived several towns away in another county.

And if what they were doing was illegal couldn´t you call the police on them for littering or public obstruction or something like that?
                              They did (or at least told me that they did) inquire with the family. However they denied it and so was a dead end. For all the police and I know, this may have been the work of the teenager's friends.

So I had no way to contact the people doing this. The family may have been lying, but there was no proof.

I did get the fine lifted when I got the reports from the police saying that I was trying to get the memorials to stop and that it was not my fault for them being there. But that was still a day out of my life I'll never get back because I had to take a day off of work, go to the police and request copies, go to the courthouse and talk to several people in differing departments, jump through hoops, inch thick forms and half a pint of blood...

If someone had contacted me first I would have been willing to consider something that was on my side of the ditch (where it would have been legal) and would have suggested dedicating a tree or since I was thinking of putting in a butterfly garden I'd have allowed them to dedicate a plaque in exchange for chipping in for some of the flowers.

But nope, they (whomever "they" were) just up and decided to assimilate my yard without asking me using the tired old expression of "Easier to ask forgiveness than to ask for permission.

Something that I rather despise.

Comment

Working...
                              X