X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michelle Duggar Miscarries

Michelle Duggar Miscarries

So who saw this coming?

Not even slightly surprised. In fact it was straight up dangerous and irresponsible of her to keep trying to maintain the baby factory she has going on to begin with. The level of damage she's already done to her children by playing hand me down parenting is bad enough.

Comment

I agree, maybe now she will stop.

Comment

Statistically, anyone who has been pregnant almost twenty times will have lost one or two of those pregnancies. Miscarriage is sad, but it's not terribly uncommon.

Comment

From what I read, she believed that the miscarriage she had around her second(?) pregnancy was due to the contraception. I get the feeling that she will finally believe that God has determined the number of children she CAN have. (there is a record out there somewhere of a woman who gave birth to 69 kids)

Comment

Odd. I thought the miscarriage rate was higher than that. Maybe some weren't reported?

Rapscallion
            Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
            Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

i don't watch the show so i don't know how she parents or how she is as a person. i am sorry that she had a miscarriage because its horrible for anyone to experience.
              however as already said, its a major health risk, especially after 20 kids, and at her age. not just a risk to the child but to her. The previous child (i forget names) wasn't a big sign? Poor thing had to go around with an oxygen supply for a while.
              And her first kid already has kids, so yeah how is Michelle going to raise her youngest in her senior years now? Have the older ones help? heh. not that they are not capable but yeah....
              Repeat after me, "I'm over it"
              Yeah we're so over, over
              Things I hate, that even after all this time...I still came back to the scene of the crime

Comment

Almost 20 kids... I bet its like the Monty Python moive and the kids just fall out.

Comment

Lexia, she doesn't parent. She has the older children take care of the younger ones. Her and Jim Bob live off the charity off their church. It's a wonder that she hasn't had more miscarriages or early births, considering her age.

Comment

The overall miscarriage rate is higher than the 2 in 21 that the Duggars have experienced. However, the average is an overall and includes the women who have numerous miscarriages trying to have a baby. Some women are at higher risk than others. The rate of miscarriage (according to the NIH) is between 15-20 percent of all pregnancies but certain risk factors increase a particular woman's chance of having one. This is why some women will miscarry nearly every time and some will never miscarry.

Michelle Duggar is now in a position where her risk of miscarriage is increasing and if she continues to get pregnant she may have another miscarriage or a number of other complications. She should stop now for this and many other reasons already stated in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
                      Odd. I thought the miscarriage rate was higher than that. Maybe some weren't reported?

Rapscallion
                      The miscarriage rate is very high (almost a third, I think) for very early stage pregnancies. But most of these occur before a woman is even aware that she is pregnant, since they mostly involve an inability for the embryo to fully implant into the uterine lining. A woman may test positive on a pregnancy test, but there's no fetus on ultrasound.

These are considered "chemical" pregnancies, since the embryo never reaches the fetus stage.

Comment

I'm not too surprised to be honest. Her age and the number of kids and pregnancies she's gone through did increase the risk. It's sad yes ,but I think it's time she shut down the baby factory.
                        There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

Considering the impression I get from everything I've heard, the woman isn't having kids because she wants or cares about kids, but as a form of vanity to show off how "godly" she is.

If that's even close to accurate, I don't feel sorry for her at all. I feel sorry for all of the kids she's already had who are nothing more than a sign of her sin of pride.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Considering the impression I get from everything I've heard, the woman isn't having kids because she wants or cares about kids, but as a form of vanity to show off how "godly" she is.
                            Its not a form of vanity. Its a religious movement known as the 'Quiverfull' movement. Very unpleasant, I feel, but not to SHOW OFF that you're godly. Its to make little godly babies so there will be more Christians. I don't like it, I think its stupid. But that's what it is.
                            "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                            ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

No, the Duggans, with their TV show, etc, are decidedly being prideful about it.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X