Babies on demand!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

/sigh

Acupuncture has been tested on actual humans. Repeatedly. Claims to have found a result in mice by a single researcher do not hold water compared to this. I mean, why would 'mainstream medicine' be conspiring to cover this up, again? /eyeroll

Comment

Originally posted by fireheart17 View Post
      I think your quote can be summed up in one sentence:

http://www.youtube.com/user/stormmov.../2/V9bT73BM2Ic

(from 30 seconds in).
      Fireheart, I love you. Minchin ftw.

Panacea: Incense toes? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepwalker View Post
        Fireheart, I love you. Minchin ftw.

Panacea: Incense toes? Really?
        There's a full version of that film out on Youtube if you search for it (the visuals there are a lot better than the trailer, the line "a small crack appears in my diplomacy dyke" is a lot cleaner.)-I saw him perform Storm when he came to Adelaide around two years ago.

And in regards to Panacea's comment, truth be told I've only heard about moxibustion from Nineteen Minutes (a VERY good book that relates to bullying) but outside of that not much. The midwife in that book recommends moxibustion plus lying upside down for fifteen minutes each day so her baby will turn

Comment

I don't understand why people want to have their babies early, I believe in leaving them to it unless there is a medical reason. One of my friends is due in 5 weeks and is having a CBAC in 3 weeks, but is trying to go into labour earlier so that the doctors will have to give her a caeserean. I just don't get it.

I was at 38 weeks with Bubbles when she decided to be breech for a little while. I politely argued with the on-duty ob/gyn for 15 minutes before she'd consider anything other than scheduling a caeserean for a couple of days time AND I hadn't even had a sonogram to see what kid of breech Bubbles was! I booked in for external manipulation with a different ob/gyn the next day, and she took one look at me and said "Your baby has turned by itself, but lets go check that with an ultrasound." Bubbles had turned, and the ob/gyn said "I'd love to see you soon, but I know you're going to have an easy birth with one of the CNMs. Make sure you come and say hi afterwards!" She's my favourite and I recommend her to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Mishi View Post
            I don't understand why people want to have their babies early, I believe in leaving them to it unless there is a medical reason.
            Reasons I have heard from both sides:

Mother:

-Baby gets to be born on a special day/time.
            -Baby HAS to be born on a certain day/time for religious reasons.
            -Don't want to be stuck in a hospital on Christmas/birthday/Easter/great-great grandma's 90th Birthday.
            -Receiving free gifts/extra money etc. (on the grapevine, when they first introduced the baby bonus down here, there were a lot of people trying to actually hold back labor so they could claim the baby bonus)
            -Doesn't want to have a night birth in case something goes wrong.
            -Doesn't want to have a DAY birth in case something goes wrong.
            -Wants to get back to socializing/work as early as possible.

Medical:

-More staff available if something goes wrong.
            -less hassle on doctors schedules.
            -less hassle on midwives schedules.

Comment

BBaby HAS to be born on a certain day/time for religious reasons.
              Wait, WHAT!? Which religions require or forbid GIVING BIRTH on certain days? How many are even new enough that such a requirement would even be possible? (And of the ones I can think of, they're pretty much against modern medicine of all sorts)
              "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
              X