Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nutty letter complaining about professor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nutty letter complaining about professor.

http://gawker.com/5873148/the-crazy-...-talking-about

In a nutshell, she had an assignment to interview people on OWS. She didn't want to go down there because it was "unsafe" so she continued to harass the professor for an alternate assignment. Eventually she was told that maybe her personal stance on OWS were clouding her judgment. OMG SHE'S VIOLATING HER FIRST ADMENDMENT RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH!!! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!! She sends this letter to everyone in the the social science department (including students) which is how it ended up on gawker.

She continues on with the threats I'm sure you're all familular with here. She'll take them to court, she has good job refrences, and she has friends on facebook (not making that part up). Then she claims that other professors are treating her differently and singling her out. She goes on and on with this crazy ranting that rivals planet feedback insanity.

Crazy!

I can't even tell if there was a point in all that. The sad thing is her professor COULD have been a jerk, but the way she went about all this makes it so no one will even believe her if that's the truth.

I can see wanting a different assignment, but in that case, you talk to the professor rationally (which I doubt she did) and propose alternatives that are actually as difficult as the original assignment...and if it doesn't work, you either go do it anyway or fail.

Regardless, she made herself sound like an absolute nut-job.
    "And I won't say "Woe is me"/As I disappear into the sea/'Cause I'm in good company/As we're all going together"

Comment

If she didn't want to go to OWS, then her argument for an alternative assignment was along completely the wrong lines.

She should have told the professor this: Protests are potentially dangerous. There have been instances of the police detaining and harassing reporters (true), and assaulting protestors (also true). I don't want to get caught in the middle if something serious happens. Please give me an alternate assignment that does not require me to go somewhere I do not feel safe.

THAT would have been grounds for a different assignment and as a professor I would have granted it.

That rant this student sent does not paint her in a good light. She threatens the University in one email, then denies the threat in a subsequent one then repeats the threat by the end of that same email.

I don't think this girl is mentally ill. I think she is self centered, narcissistic, immature, and a bitch.

Given that she was eventually given an alternate assignment and didn't complete it also does not help her case.

Hope to hear more on this
      Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

Working...
      X