Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"consenting adults" taken one step further or just too far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lace Neil Singer View Post

And this guy asked to be killed. He consented to his killing in a sexual way. So is it murder if a victim consents?

I went back a page to catch up and ran into this...WTF?!?!?!? I know this is derailing a little sorry...but WTF??!?!? I thought I had heard everything in the world that is kinky, including the really squicky type stuff like beastiality and necrophilia. But I have not heard of this one......

Should this be legislated? When it involves DEATH and cannibalism then yeah I think we need something to regulate it. This is no longer a victimless situation.

ETA: I am reading the article and again I gotta say WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? This is one of the sickest things I've ever heard of....consent or not this is OVER the line.
    Last edited by telecom_goddess; 01-12-2012, 07:01 PM.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

It's also baffling. At some point, he stops being able to get off on it. It's not a sensible fetish.

Rapscallion
      Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
      Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
        It's also baffling. At some point, he stops being able to get off on it. It's not a sensible fetish.

Rapscallion
        I can't believe this is a fetish at all....this is officially the worst story I have ever read in my life. Ed Gein was bad enough with killing people WITHOUT consent and making shit out of their skin and bones...but this is worse.

omfg

ETA: And this dude is writing his memoirs.....oh lordy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
          This is why vorephilia is generally relegated to fantasy, and is very rarely acted out. I can definitely understand that the fetish comes across as odd, but please recognize that this was a very very small representative sample of those people out there who are into vore. It could also definitely be due to mental illness, as people who take fetishes like this to the ultimate extremes tend not to be balanced individuals.

Comment

The whole Meiwes/Brandes thing had little to nothing to do with sex for either participant. Meiwes had a fantasy about eating someone since he was a child; if sex entered into it, it was an addendum and not an integral part of the fantasy. Brandes was self-destructive and possibly suffering depression as well after his girlfriend dumped him for being bisexual (they don't spell that out, but I can't think of any other reason they would break up after he revealed he liked guys as well as girls). Again, sex is not a motivation. In neither case were they acting out any form of fetish.

Also, it's likely that the only crime committed was the "killing on demand." Cannibalism is not illegal in Germany and Brandes' consent to being killed was videotaped extensively.

I, personally, find both desires to be completely bizarre, but if that's what they both really wanted to do, I don't see how it's any of the rest of the world's business.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post

I, personally, find both desires to be completely bizarre, but if that's what they both really wanted to do, I don't see how it's any of the rest of the world's business.

^-.-^
              In theory I agree with this but god damn that story is just too much even for me. bizarre doesn't even cover it.

fucked up is what I would call it.

Sounds like an episode of The Hunger.

Comment

For that it all depends on your thoughts on assisted suicide. after all, if this is in any way, shape, or form acceptable..then any assisted suicide would be acceptable. Regardless of circumstances, reasons, etc. IE a perfectly healthy person who wishes to parish, hiring a Kavorikian type person to help them die would be acceptable. Again, sex had little to do with this. Was it a part of it? There apparently was sex involved, but .. it was more about somebody's apparent desire to die. The how is not important imo. The WHY is.

Comment

I read of a case several years ago (in an American southern state) of a husband and sister getting arrested for having sexual relations, observed by a member of their family. According to the article, this is a FELONY with up to five years imprisonment. Apparently, they were both drunk at the time. I have tried to find out what happened with their case, but I could never get any further information.

The possibility of greater birth defects is the reason why this is not allowed. There is also a seemingly natural aversion and revulsion in having sex with close relatives. It does happen, but rarely consensually.

My understanding is that one can marry their second cousin. Anything cousin and closer is incest. Woody Allen did not commit incest because Soon-Yi was not his biological child and she was of age, even though she is legally the sister of Allen's biological son.

Comment

Originally posted by senor boogie woogie View Post
                    Woody Allen did not commit incest because Soon-Yi was not his biological child and she was of age, even though she is legally the sister of Allen's biological son.
                    And if I recall he didn't adopt her either...so he had no legal relationship with her whatsoever cause he never married Mia Farrow.

That is a weird situation that seems like it should be so wrong BUT they have now been together many years so obviously it's working for them.
                    Last edited by Boozy; 01-14-2012, 12:17 PM. Reason: quote tags

Comment

Also, it's likely that the only crime committed was the "killing on demand." Cannibalism is not illegal in Germany and Brandes' consent to being killed was videotaped extensively.
                      Actually, the first conviction rendered was for Manslaughter; he was sentenced to less than nine years of prison in 2004.

The problem is: under German law, being sentenced for Murder requires not just intent to kill, but also specific motives. Murder means to kill

- out of sheer lust to kill, to satisfy a sexual urge, for profit or other, baser motives
                      - maliciously or cruelly, or with methods dangerous to public safety
                      - in order to enable or cover up another crime (a felony)

The first court found that it could not conclusively prove that Meiwes had killed to satisfy a sexual urge; therefore, he could not be convicted for Murder. The Federal Court overturned their ruling by arguing that eating the corpse after the kill constitutes "disruption of the repose of the dead" - a felony, punishable by up to three years in prison - and thus, the victim was killed to enable the commission of another crime, making it Murder. He was sentenced to life in prison in 2006.
                      "You are who you are on your worst day, Durkon. Anything less is a comforting lie you tell yourself to numb the pain." - Evil
                      "You're trying to be Lawful Good. People forget how crucial it is to keep trying, even if they screw it up now and then." - Good

Comment

Originally posted by Canarr View Post
                        The first court found that it could not conclusively prove that Meiwes had killed to satisfy a sexual urge; therefore, he could not be convicted for Murder. The Federal Court overturned their ruling by arguing that eating the corpse after the kill constitutes "disruption of the repose of the dead" - a felony, punishable by up to three years in prison - and thus, the victim was killed to enable the commission of another crime, making it Murder. He was sentenced to life in prison in 2006.
                        I despise when the courts abuse the spirit of the law by weaseling the letter of it to fit their goals. What utter bullshit.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I despise when the courts abuse the spirit of the law by weaseling the letter of it to fit their goals. What utter bullshit.

^-.-^
                          Normally, I'd agree with you; but I have trouble finding sympathy for the man. Were I a judge, I'd have just ruled that fulfilling a life-long fantasy of killing and eating a guy definitely qualifies as either satisfying a sexual urge, or another, baser motive, and have slapped him with the murder charge, immediately.

In my mind, it's murder if you plan to kill and eat another human being; even if that other psycho tried to give consent to it. Even *allowing* a perpetrator to present the video testimony of someone he had God knows how much time to drug and/or brainwash, is a dangerous and slippery slope that I really wouldn't want our Justice system to go down.

So, yes, please: lock him up forever.
                          "You are who you are on your worst day, Durkon. Anything less is a comforting lie you tell yourself to numb the pain." - Evil
                          "You're trying to be Lawful Good. People forget how crucial it is to keep trying, even if they screw it up now and then." - Good

Comment

I think in this case consent is the word.

He gave consent to be eaten, but would he be considered of sane mind, enough to give consent?
                            Last edited by SkullKing; 01-13-2012, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Ever heard of mass beachings by whales? There are a few common characteristics, namely a gradual reduction in depth leading to the beach, and the first whale ashore is a male which has just reached puberty. The gradual reduction in depth means that there's nothing to echo, and scientists believe that what happens is the "teenager" starts to make passes at his female relatives and is driven out of the pod. He flees in panic, hits the beach, and then the "respond to distress calls" instinct takes over from the "he's no longer welcome" one.

Among mice, a female will go through puberty faster if she's in the presence of an adult male than if she isn't, unless she is also in the presence of an adult female. As a result of this, once she's left the nest, "shacking up" will get her ready to have babies sooner (helps survival of the species), but it decreases the possibility of her leaving the nest already pregnant by her father (at-risk due to giving birth before she finds a place with food and shelter to raise a family, therefore harming her chances of survival and passing on her genes) because her mother is still in the nest.

The incest taboo crosses species barriers.

Originally posted by Lace Neil Singer View Post
                              In case you forgot, homosexuality used to be against the law, as was marrying your husband's brother if your husband died.
                              Against the law except when it was mandatory. In the Bible, Onan's sin was actually that he took steps to avoid getting his brother's widow pregnant.

Originally posted by KabeRinnaul View Post
                              *Considers thread topic.*
                              *Looks at his Location tag.*
                              *Again considers thread topic.*

...I should probably just walk away from this one.
                              One that I've heard:

Did you know that in West Virginia, even though it's legal for cousins to marry, it's strongly discouraged? "Heck, Bubba, she's barely kinfolk - it's almost like gettin' hitched to a stranger."

Comment

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
                                The incest taboo crosses species barriers.
                                Oh lordie, back up there. The natural kingdom will fark anything its just a matter of enviroment and opportunity. Every sexuality, sexual behaviour or sexual deviance that exists in humanity likewise exists somewhere in the natural kingdom. >.>

Its true that generally speaking the average species will take some steps to avoid genetic defects, as thats contrary to the principle reason for reproduction for them. But by the same measure, you have phenomena like genetic attraction, where the opposite happens between relatives who were not raised together and/or never met before.

Comment

Working...
                                X