Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"consenting adults" taken one step further or just too far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Silverharp View Post
    I see that there's one side of things that hasn't really been brought up, and that's the isue of "grooming".
    I've seen cases where you hae a girl who has been brought up to be the perfect daughter or sister, always subservient to the males in the household. Does that mean that once she's 18 it's fair game? By some of the reasoning that I've seen she's now a consenting adult, so she can make her own decisions. This is one of the reasons why incest is illegal, besides the ick factor.
    a couple of us have mentioned it I think. I know I have at least.

Comment

• well. my bro's and his 3/4cousin-wife had their kid. no webbed toes or ganglies. actually she seems kinda smart. bugger was almost keeping her eyes open in the first hour.

re:grooming. while it does work it is a form of brainwashing and shouldnt be considered as consent. grooming is a form of abuse in it's own right. the victim will still end up damaged from it. be it related kids or unrelated kids.
      Last edited by siead_lietrathua; 02-03-2012, 02:16 PM.
      All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

• This was a high link when I first read about the mother raping daughter threadMan adopts his 42 yearold girlfriend, apparantly for a legal loop hole regarding a court case.
        And yes they are still a couple even though she's now his daughter.

Comment

• Just chiming in here to say that - yet again - I agree with Panacea.

All the below is my opinion:

* Sex between consenting adults; that does not result in children; is noone's business but their own.

* Sex between consenting adults that does result in children, can be society's problem if the adults knowingly chose to have children with a high risk of disability.
          Exactly where the ground rules lie for this? I dunno.
          I'm simultaneously for and against eugenics - I think it's a good idea to try to improve the human gene pool; but I have no clue how to solve the 'who decides?' problem.

* 'Groomed' or otherwise brainwashed people are not consenting, no matter what their age. Neither are coerced people, abused people, etc etc.
          (Once a person has recovered, however, they become capable of consent.)

* My major concerns with incest are the eugenics/child health issue, and the power-imbalance/grooming issue. Resolve both of those, and I don't care what hypothetical-you do between yourselves.

* The child-health issue is part of child welfare, and should - IMO - be treated as such.

* Grooming/power imbalance/coercion/abuse is part of rape & domestic violence, and should - IMO - be treated as such.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seshat View Post
            * Grooming/power imbalance/coercion/abuse is part of rape & domestic violence, and should - IMO - be treated as such.
            And wouldn't it be neat if that were always so easy to seperate?
            "You are who you are on your worst day, Durkon. Anything less is a comforting lie you tell yourself to numb the pain." - Evil
            "You're trying to be Lawful Good. People forget how crucial it is to keep trying, even if they screw it up now and then." - Good

Comment

• Posting a link to stir the pot a bit...for obvious reasons no children can possibly come of this one.

This week's Dear Prudie...
              Bartle Test Results: E.S.A.K.
              Explorer: 93%, Socializer: 60%, Achiever: 40%, Killer: 13%

Comment

• Originally posted by Fire_on_High View Post
                Posting a link to stir the pot a bit...for obvious reasons no children can possibly come of this one.

This week's Dear Prudie...
                Holy shit.....wow. That's all I got.
                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

• About 2 years ago I commented on a thread on CS about 2 parents who let their kids screw eachother, it was incredibly squicky to think that they would let those 2 kids just do that. The parents seemed like they were fully aware of all the consequences and the kids clearly did not, even today I hope that the parents were thrown in jail for negligence and child abuse and the kids were sent to separate foster homes and given counciling.

But this thread is about adults who do know what they're doing and know the consequences, I was always a little squicked out by insest but like other people have said what goes on behind closed doors is not my business. Having said that however there are some things that I feel like I have to say, relationships between a parent and a child should be a definite NO, otherwise they MUST be 2 consenting adults neither one forcing the other in any way because that would be rape, who know and understand all the consequences and everything they are getting into. I've read stories and articles online about half siblings that were either separated at birth or didn't know they were related, most of what I've seen was that they found out some time after they were married and wanted to stay that way. 2 couples have a child/ children and they turned out fine medically, even though they are going to need to be sat down and talked to when they're older. A couple of people made coments that they were evil sinners and were going to burn in hell forever, 1 person had another bible based comment that Sarah and Abraham were half siblings too (not religious, I don't know ) and to shut their mouths. But yeah, getting back to what I was saying: if it's 2 fully knowing consenting adults that are in love and truly believe that the 1 thing everyone is going to make a big deal out of is just nothing more than blood test results on a peice of paper, than who cares what they do between the sheets.
                  "I like him aunt Sarah, he's got a pretty shield. It's got a star on it!"

- my niece Lauren talking about Captain America

Comment

• here's a thought...how do you all feel about vampires who consume blood and donors (or blood dolls) who provide the blood in regular feedings?

Comment

• Fine by me. I've been around the 'kin community long enough that as long as they're being halfway sane about safety, and not spreading diseases, it's their business. Of course, one of the more well known vamps picked up Hep C from unsafe practices, and anyone around knows exactly who I mean.
                      Bartle Test Results: E.S.A.K.
                      Explorer: 93%, Socializer: 60%, Achiever: 40%, Killer: 13%

Comment

• Anyone who indulges in that practice with practicing safety measures is just an idiot plain and simple. Consuming blood is NOT a casual affair. It's more dangerous than unsafe sex.

Comment

• Uhm... what?
                          "You are who you are on your worst day, Durkon. Anything less is a comforting lie you tell yourself to numb the pain." - Evil
                          "You're trying to be Lawful Good. People forget how crucial it is to keep trying, even if they screw it up now and then." - Good

Comment

• I just think it's pointless; human blood is not digested and just passes thru the system. They'd be better off going to the butcher for animal blood.
                            "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post

Actually, there aren't any Marvel or DC superheroes getting their powers from incest, are there? Maybe we ought to look at the Indy market for that.

Rapscallion
                              Wouldn't surprise me if there's fanfic out there that touches on that topic. I know I've seen erotica sites that have that as a genre.

I think once we get past that "ick" factor and look at the bigger picture, it comes down to how far the government should get into the private lives of adults.
                              If life hands you lemons . . . find someone whose life is handing them vodka . . . and have a party - Ron "Tater Salad" White

Comment

• There was a twincest theme going on in one X-men comic; can't remember what it was called, but it featured Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.
                                "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Working...
                                X