Hotel employee has a MAJOR lapse of judgement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LexiaFira View Post
    unless, there are still some old school hotels that still use actual metal keys.... >.> but i doubt those are around. but then again i wouldn't know
    I don't know of any that still do, but I still had to know hard-key procedures to get my MOD certification. Key cards should be programmed to automatically expire after a guest checks out, and if the guest loses the key card, a new one should be issued that will override the old one.

If a guest forgets their ID in the room (which I fully understand; I am absolutely the best at locking myself out of hotel rooms), then we usually ask for their birthday. And keys ONLY go to the registered guest. I don't care if you really are the guest's husband...if the guest checked in by herself and is only paying for one, she clearly doesn't want to share the room with you!

Comment

Originally posted by bhskittykatt View Post
      If a guest forgets their ID in the room (which I fully understand; I am absolutely the best at locking myself out of hotel rooms), then we usually ask for their birthday. And keys ONLY go to the registered guest. I don't care if you really are the guest's husband...if the guest checked in by herself and is only paying for one, she clearly doesn't want to share the room with you!
      The one that I usually ask is to verify address and phone number on the reservation.
      "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Working...
      X