Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Prolife Glurge in Ohio

Kids sent to senator with teddy bear.

Just when I think prolifers couldn't sink any lower, they pull this shit. I hate these emotional, "tug at your heartstrings" tactics. I saw it all the time when I went to church and it just makes me want to throw up. Using children who probably don't know any better to send a message is a cheap, manipulative shot that reeks of desperation.

I'm saying this as someone who is torn on the issue. Though I used to be prolife, I now see that it's not a black and white issue and that both people have good points. This is not one of them and only makes the prolife crowd look bad.

I have to ask: Is this actually legal? Can children legally be used in this manner?

They're barely old enough to know what the issue is, much less have a proper understanding of the ramifications surrounding the bill they're supposed to be pushing.

It's nice to see that pretty much nobody but the people who did it think it's even remotely appropriate.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I suspect there's no law about it, especially since politicians trot out their families on political broadcasts every so often.

However, using children like this? For me, that's morally reprehensible. Instead of a debate about the facts, you've got emotional armtwisting.

Rapscallion
      Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
      Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

You can use your own kids for certain things that you could not use other people's kids for. It's possible that these all belong to members of the group in question, but if anyone other than the parents sent them into the offices, then it becomes more than just families with questionable morals regarding using their own children.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Thinking about it, given their stance it's quite likely that anti-abortion campaigners have their own children to use...

Rapscallion
          Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
          Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Indeed. But unless the parents were on hand to send their children in themselves, then it leaves the realm of family and into the realm of business or lobbying, both of which have much more stringent laws regarding the disposition of children.

^-.-^

Comment

Pro Choice is the glurge, not pro-life.

Abortion is the murder of human life. Period. We all came from the same place, and life begins at conception. Not a difficult scientific fact.

The majority of people kill their children as a convenience, the mother is too young, the mother is in school, the mother has no money (there is adoption). Abortion mills who carry out these murders make about $500 a death. The people who conduct these with vaccum cleaner nozzles and other torturous impliments can be hardly called doctors. Butcher is more like it. Serial killer is another.

For the record, I am not religious. The religious right has hijacked this, but on this one point they are correct. I am all in favor of teaching contraception and sex in schools. Many teenagers do not totally understand sex, and how to NOT have a child. And if they do, tell them that it is a child worthy of life and rights and you dont have the right to KILL it.

I hate abortion.

Comment

I have no problem with someone saying they hate abortion. My problem comes when people try to inflict their beliefs on the choices others are allowed or not allowed to make with their own bodies.

Comment

Originally posted by senor boogie woogie View Post
                  You should educate yourself about what glurge is before making outlandish statements like this.

Besides, this discussion isn't about the morality of abortion; we have plenty of other threads available to air your views on the subject.

This is supposed to be about the morality (or lack thereof) of sending children who likely don't even have a proper grasp of what they're saying/doing in to do work that is normally done by lobbyists.

^-.-^

Comment

Originally posted by senor boogie woogie
                    Um...that's not even what this is about. This is about the choice of a group to use KIDS to push their agenda. I've got no problem if they wanted to take the kids with them to hand the senators a teddy bear (got no problem with the heartbeat in 'em either). I've got an issue when they're sending young kids around BY THEMSELVES just because it would "be cuter" or "get more attention". No, you're just pissing people off because now you've got scared kids and worried adults.

It could've been either side and I would've been upset by this tactic. It's not cool. But whether or not abortion is right or proper is not part of this discussion.
                    I has a blog!

Comment

Working...
                    X