How tacky can you get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How tacky can you get?

I brushed this off but I think it was one of the RUDEST comments I've ever had.

We have Luna, a Czechoslovakian Vlcak (otherwise known as a Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs in most non-Slovak countries). Luna is wolf looking (well, kinda).

She is also a service dog in training and yesterday we took her to the South Florida Fair.

I saw one of the stands had iguana (as in food) and I made a comment to my wife about it. The person at the stand then said "Nice dog. By the way, we're serving wolf, too!"

WTF? OK, Wolf Army aside, wolf hunt debate aside - WHAT THE HELL? I'm walking past you with my dog and you are essentially telling me that you're serving DOG (yes, dogs are a subspecies of Canis Lupis (wolf)).

Seriously? Can you get any more rude with a comment like that?

One reason I'd want to avoid the food section of a such a fair...
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Thats...no. >.< I have no problem with people eating the animal of their choice, but you don't go on about how you have wolf meat to a dog person. Fairly tacky, yes.

I must admit, on a purely culinary level, I wonder what it'd taste like tho. Doubt I'll ever try any. >.< I love dogs too much.

Comment

I have no issue with their choice of what to serve, provided it's legal.

However, the comment, to someone with a wolf-looking dog, is beyond crass.

I'd have made note of the booth and the guy's name so I could have a little chat with his boss about his being an asshole.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
        X