Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Only Pool

http://newsone.com/nation/associated...n/?fb_ref=post

I have no words.. Well no nice ones anyway..
    You're Perfect Yes It's True.. But Without Me You're Only You!

That somebody would even try to pull that nowadays... and, of course, if the excuse were true then the thing to do would be to have a sign saying to wash your hair before entering the pool, not one restricting it by race.

The comments over there, though...
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Ohio...that's all I need to say...

Comment

I cannot believe all the comments.
        I had to stop reading because it was all such ignorant, racist garbage on both sides.

If the reason really was the chemicals in her hair, then why didn't she make a rule that everyone swimming in the pool had to cover up their hair?
        Last edited by Ree; 01-16-2012, 07:50 PM.
        Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

Pretty messed up situation. "Historical sign"? WTF kind of excuse is that? It'd be like me putting a Nazi flag in my window and saying that was cool because it's "Historical"

Comment

The comments make me want to throw up.

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
              That somebody would even try to pull that nowadays... and, of course, if the excuse were true then the thing to do would be to have a sign saying to wash your hair before entering the pool, not one restricting it by race.

The comments over there, though...
              A requirement to wash hair before entering the pool would have been legit. Showering before entering a public pool is a fairly common practice, and as long as everyone has to do it, non-discriminatory.

The issue here is the land "lady" instituted her sign only after her white tenant brought his mixed raced daughter to the pool, with the weak complaint of "hair chemicals" soiling the pool. The sign is not funny nor is it defensible.

If she really thought it had historical value, she would not put it outside where the weather would damage it
              Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedclerkthe2nd View Post
                Pretty messed up situation. "Historical sign"? WTF kind of excuse is that? It'd be like me putting a Nazi flag in my window and saying that was cool because it's "Historical"
                See also: Confederate Flag.

Comment

The comments are bad....and I am amazed that this kind of blatant racism still exists in this day and age.

Back in the day African American actress Dorothy Dandridge had to deal with this kind of things....at a hotel they said if she even touched the water in the pool they would have to drain it and scrub it. So she stuck her toe in the water And yup they drained it and scrubbed it. Which is extremely rude but I'm glad she made a lot of unnecessary work for the assholes.
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                  Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by telecom_goddess View Post
                    Back in the day African American actress Dorothy Dandridge had to deal with this kind of things....at a hotel they said if she even touched the water in the pool they would have to drain it and scrub it. So she stuck her toe in the water And yup they drained it and scrubbed it. Which is extremely rude but I'm glad she made a lot of unnecessary work for the assholes.
                    Good for her! That kind of asinine thinking deserves to be thrown back into their faces.

Gawd, makes me wonder that white folks didn't wear gas masks around black people. Sure, they were good enough to clean your house . . .but not swim in a pool?
                    Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Panacea View Post
                      A requirement to wash hair before entering the pool would have been legit. Showering before entering a public pool is a fairly common practice, and as long as everyone has to do it, non-discriminatory.
                      My local pool has showers EVERYWHERE. It's a rule that if you've been in the sauna or steam room you have to shower again before you enter (or re-enter) the pools. There's 8 along one wall for people to rinse off, then there's about half a dozen changing rooms for people to change (I kid you not. The pool even has family change rooms for mums who are taking their sons or for daddy taking his daughter along )

I also read the comments....some of them just made me go . Either they are trolls or it's scary to see that in this day and age (in Australia, substitute African-American with Aboriginal).

As for the rule about "chemicals" in the water, I'm guessing that if a caucasian person came in with hair products in their hair (mousse, gel, wax, spray etc.) then it would be fine (someone in the comments DID point that out thankfully, but was ignored in favour of the trolling idiots) by her standards.

Comment

Working...
                      X