No announcement yet.

Father Teaches Daughter Lesson About Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what are the odds that the whole thing was a stunt for publicity? the dad's youtube channel is a series of gun how-to movies and such. maybe the kid was in on it, and the laptop was some non-functioning thing. in this day and age ya never know

i found the video friggan hilarions. mostly because i could totally see my dad doing the same thing. and he is a harmless, loving person. but you don't dishoner the family in public.

edit: GK, dont ya know? half of what people do in their homes is illegal in some parts of the states. don't forget sodomy laws mostly include oral sex too /pervmoment
    Last edited by siead_lietrathua; 02-19-2012, 06:17 AM.
    All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by siead_lietrathua View Post
      what are the odds that the whole thing was a stunt for publicity? the dad's youtube channel is a series of gun how-to movies and such. maybe the kid was in on it, and the laptop was some non-functioning thing. in this day and age ya never know
      Yeah....found the original and it was posted as a parenting how too video. >.>

"Maybe a few kids can take something away from this... If you're so disrespectful to your parents and yourself as to post this kind of thing on Facebook, you're deserving of some tough love."

That clears up any doubt that he didn't intend to post the video publically. He's even got a copyright on it and is sending copyright notices to other channels with it. Numbnuts even links his Facebook.

You're right, this is smelling...publicity whorish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
        In a manner that has no bearing on your argument. You're arguing that something intended to be private isn't private if you jump through this series of hoops and thus cannot be considered private. Using that criteria there is no such thing as privacy.

Its like arguing what you do in your own home can't be considered private because someone could be peering through your blinds.
        acutally your last statement does have some legal merit/presidence. I remember seeing a story on a program like 20/20 many years ago that delt with this very subject.

I may be fuzzy on the details but here is what I remember.

at some subdivision there was a "public" (not sure what the exact situation/layout was) access path next to a house. the master bedroom window faced this "path". some kid was walking on the path and heard a noise coming from the house. now the blinds/window coverings were tightly shut BUT the kid managed to peer into the window. a

and what does he spy????? a couple (husband and wife yes married to each other) were having a quite passionate "romantic interlude" in the privacy of their own bedroom.

BOY is horrified and gets his Dad over. DAD is shocked and DAD goes and grabs his video camera and starts filiming the couple though a narrow slit in the window coverings. people see DAD filiming (this is the days of big video cameras not phone or palm sized)

Dad then goes to the cops and gets the couple arrested and chareged with
        some sort of public luid and lasivious bahavior.

Couple tried to get the charges dropped because of the "privacy of your own home" and in the fact that the boy and Dad had to actually work really hard to "get the shot". they also tried to get the Dad charged with invasion of privacy and filiming with out consent.

The couple ultimately lost (cops and courts claimed some sort of public behavior thing) but I think Dad was charged with something (do not remember)

NEVER assume what you do in the "privacy" of own home is perfectly private.
        I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
        The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

• Wait... DAD was shocked that a married couple was having sex in their bedroom?

(He's a dad, after all... maybe in his family people only ever did that in the kitchen?)
          "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

• Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
            Wait... DAD was shocked that a married couple was having sex in their bedroom?

(He's a dad, after all... maybe in his family people only ever did that in the kitchen?)
            Probably more shocked that it was done in visible sight, however tough it was to see.
            Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

• I don't think my parents have read/heard of this yet, by some miracle.

I don't think it would surprise any of you to know that any time my parents caught me doing anything remotely out of their idea of "acceptable", I was punished under the full extent of their law, and I was often humiliated in the process to teach me a "lesson" in respect.

It took me a long time to gain respect for either one of them, because of how they treated me as a teen. Sure, their hardass, ground-you-for-anything little kid curfew may have helped mold me into who I am today, but damn if it wasn't the hardest years of my life!

It wasn't that it was too "hard" growing up with school and work, as I said before, I think that's a must, but my mother especially DEMANDED I get A's in school, if not at least Bs. Anything lower in ANY case meant immediate grounding. Immediate. And I would not be off grounding until that grade improved. But, I needed my own money, because my parents refused to pay for certain things anymore now that I was old enough for a job. So I had to balance out work and school. Ok, a good idea, but teachers in every class assigning homework and then working till 11:00 at night? No way.

Comment

Working...
              X