No announcement yet.

Male teachers....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's important for children to have male teachers as well as female teachers, because it gives children the opportunity to have a decent male role-model. Male students may also feel more connected to "another guy" than they would to a female teacher, since their male teacher would know about "guy stuff." They might be more willing to go to a male teacher with a problem if they feel that the male teacher would understand more than a female teacher would.

Comment

Originally posted by Seifer View Post
      I think it's important for children to have male teachers as well as female teachers, because it gives children the opportunity to have a decent male role-model. Male students may also feel more connected to "another guy" than they would to a female teacher, since their male teacher would know about "guy stuff." They might be more willing to go to a male teacher with a problem if they feel that the male teacher would understand more than a female teacher would.
      Agreed. Especially around puberty. (more so if he's suddenly getting spontaneous erections on the diving board )

Hopefully that swing is about to change. While the number is still minimal, I checked my databank of uni stuff this morning and discovered that there are quite a few male students either taking education for the first time at undergrad or postgrad level (I'm postgrad ).

Comment

Working...
      X