Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women seek to ban vasectomies

http://blogs.ajc.com/political-insid...omies-for-men/

I kind of like this approach. They as a counterpoint to antiabortion laws want to ban vasectomies.

I like the article's redundant title, specifying that the vasectomies in question are for men.
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Sadly it seems that many people missed the point. >.>

Although one of the comments was gold:

I think the only solution to these problems is penis registration\

ETA: Another person failed to realise how late-term abortions actually work. They don't use scissors or any other forms to mutilate the baby, the most they do is inject something to stop the fetus's heart and then induce delivery. Although by around the 20-24 week mark, women should have made a decision by then.
      Last edited by fireheart17; 02-23-2012, 03:50 AM.

Comment

There are a few deformities that tragically only show up late, some of which are inherently fatal and - well, just plain AWFUL. But other than this, I agree with you, fireheart.

Parents of those children should, IMO, simply be pitied, counselled, offered the best medical advice possible, and helped in whichever decision they make.

Comment

Interesting - some of the anti-rights groups are there because they want to keep women in the middle ages, but some of them are there because they want to avoid contraception. I'm curious to see how many agree with this stance.

Rapscallion
          Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
          Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

The one thing that made me laugh was the stupid comments saying that banning vasectomies and banning abortions are like apples and oranges, they're not direct parallels.

One of the few SANE commenters pointed out that if they did anything, they should've banned vasectomies for men under 35. (seeing as how most doctors refuse to sterilise women under that age)

Comment

I expected to get annoyed with this, not because I agree with banning abortion, but because I get annoyed with the insinuations that all or most anti-choicers are men, when that is demonstrably wrong. Nearly half of anti-choicers are women. However, I see the point they're trying to make.

Nonetheless, I'm not sure the point will be driven home. Many of the people who want to take abortion out probably also think vasectomies are evil, so it may be a moot point.

Comment

Originally posted by guywithashovel View Post
                I expected to get annoyed with this, not because I agree with banning abortion, but because I get annoyed with the insinuations that all or most anti-choicers are men, when that is demonstrably wrong. Nearly half of anti-choicers are women. However, I see the point they're trying to make.

Nonetheless, I'm not sure the point will be driven home. Many of the people who want to take abortion out probably also think vasectomies are evil, so it may be a moot point.
                I think it's going with the fact that anti-choice women can just not have an abortion if they think it's wrong. And it's actually kinda funny/sad that a few of these women do end up having abortions throughout their lives, but it's okay because their abortion was a moral one.

Anti-choice men don't really have anything close to as all consuming and life threatening as pregnancy to deal with. Fact is, pregnancy, particularly unwanted pregnancy, doesn't affect them the same way it does for a woman.
                My sisters first pregnancy caused her to have a rare blood defect (cancer) which nearly killed her. She now needs to inject herself with medicine for the rest of her life just to lead a normal life. And that was a wanted pregnancy. Imagine if she hadn't wanted that baby, but some fuckers in congress forced her to have it.

I like the approach with the proposed ban of vasectomies, but it doesn't get the point across very well. Instead they should have proposed the banning of all male masturbation. Every time a male ejaculates anywhere but a woman's vagina, he is destroying millions of potential babies. He's a monster and he should be stopped.

Women, on the other hand, are free to masturbate. We'll just claim it makes our bodies more fertile.

As to late term abortions, generally they are medically needed, either for the life of the mother, or because the child would not survive past birth. Here the abortion doctor removes the baby intact so the parents can bury and mourn their lost child.
                "Having a Christian threaten me with hell is like having a hippy threaten to punch me in my aura."
                Josh Thomas

Comment

Just remember...every sperm is sacred....

Comment

Originally posted by mikoyan29 View Post
                    Just remember...every sperm is sacred....
                    I'm laughing at this. I think it's funny that they want to ban vasectomies as a punitive measure for those trying to ban abortion and contraceptives for women. Vasectomies are just cutting the Vas Deferens off from delivering the sperm. I'm pro-choice by the way and to say that they want to ban abortions and birth control of any kind is just unconstitutional and reverts people to the middle ages...especially the way Rick Santorum wants to do it. Let's think about it this way...a guy jumps from one bed to the other and for each time he has sex (no birth control for him and all the women he sleeps with) he's making each of them pregnant and his baby mama's...imagine all the child support he'd have to pay and all the unwanted and unplanned children he would have. Now how draining would that be to him? How draining would that be for the women to have to carry and deliver children they didn't plan on having? Very draining. So for the politicians that are staunch pro-lifers like Rick Santorum really ought to think about that.
                    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

Originally posted by fireheart17 View Post
                      One of the few SANE commenters pointed out that if they did anything, they should've banned vasectomies for men under 35. (seeing as how most doctors refuse to sterilise women under that age)
                      I had a friend whose doctor said, "If you get pregnant again it will kill you but your not 35 so no sterilization for you"
                      Jack Faire
                      Friend
                      Father
                      Smartass

Comment

Working...
                      X