Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"I refuse to be served by someone like HIM" (religious SC rant)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crazedclerkthe2nd View Post
    SC: Serves him right. Now, how much will it cost me to get this computer fixed?
    Me: We don't want your money or your hate. Take your computer and leave NOW.
    SC: (aghast) I don't believe this! You are actually defending the heathen? What kind of business are you running here?
    Me: The kind that doesn't serve people who disrespect and offend the employees. I'm only going to tell you one more time. Take your computer, leave and never come back. If I ever see you walk through that door again, I will call the police and have you removed for trespassing.

Originally posted by Crazedclerkthe2nd View Post
    The SC ended up complaining to the owner, of course distorting the story so myself and GCW were the ones who were "rude and disrespectful". The owner supported us and upheld the banning. Since there was no corporate to go to, that was the end of it.

Good for you and EXCELLENT for the owner backing you up!

Comment

Originally posted by Amanita View Post
      I thought it meant that she will be judged according to the standards she has held others to- that if she is intolerant of any perceived flaw, and judges harshly, then she too will be judged harshly.
      Exactly, ths standard she applied to him is "donĀ“t be gay"

If she is judged by the same standard she will be judged ok, since she is not gay

Comment

I thought it meant that if you are harsh and unforgiving in your judgements of others, then you too shall be judged harshly and with little forgiveness.

Comment

@skullking No. It means that she is using 'zero tolerance' as a measure for anybody that does not conform to what she thinks is 'right'. So if she has done anything, at all, that might be a sin to her own beliefs..she herself would receive 'zero tolerance'. Where somebody else might get it forgiven, she would not. Or that is how I interpret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mytical View Post
            P.S. Thank you Seshat for finding that and posting it.
            You're most welcome.

And yes, my understanding of 'as you judge, so shall you be judged' is that if you judge others with intolerance and harshness, you shall be judged with intolerance and harshness.
            If you judge with forgiveness and acceptance of the other's human imperfectness, you shall be judged with forgiveness and acceptance.

Comment

As usual others word it more succinctly then I. Amanita and Seshat's choice of words explain it better then mine.

Comment

Working...
              X