Daddy Dearest: The Drug Pusher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daddy Dearest: The Drug Pusher

To make a long story short: A teenage athlete was regularly injected with HGH (Human Growth Hormone) to enhance his performance as a champion inline skater. More than once he's failed tests and has been suspended because of it. If he won, his father rewarded him immensely but if he lost, his father wouldn't even speak to him. He said that he felt what he was doing was wrong but had to trust in his father. When he was suspended for two years and went through an investigation, he turned his father in, who was sentenced to six years in federal prison and is believed to be the first father to issue steroids to their child. As hard as it was for him to turn his father in, I think he was brave to do the right thing. What's your take on this?

Blog Link

SI Story Link
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

I agree with you. Turning his father in was right, but also incredibly brave of the kid.

Comment

...and is believed to be the first father to issue steroids to their child.
      Surely not. The first to be prosecuted, maybe, but surely not the first.
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
        Surely not. The first to be prosecuted, maybe, but surely not the first.
        Yea, that was my first thought. He might be the first brought up on charges for it, but to think this is the first time someone has directly given their kids steroids would be pretty naive.
        Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Working...
        X