Wealthy bankers cry "poor" due to decreased bonuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All ca say to that guy is this:

Cry me a river, build a bridge and jump off it.
    If life hands you lemons . . . find someone whose life is handing them vodka . . . and have a party - Ron "Tater Salad" White

Comment

I'm used to this song and dance. A lot of times, our piss-on bonuses are sacrificed and almost humiliating, so the higherups can still have their massive ones that they feel entitled to. Who did all the work again? Hmm, the ant and the grasshopper come to mind here.

I have no sympathy for someone who never works a weekend in their life while we have to work every weekend for years on end at times, never has to borrow money just to pay rent or get groceries because of hour cuts when times are bad. None. We are the ones who suffer. And we are barely ever properly compensated for the hard work that we do, and what we sacrifice to keep our jobs. Missing weddings, parties, summer mini-getaways, being forced to work during the holidays on a dime's notice.......it's abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
        Missing weddings, parties, summer mini-getaways, being forced to work during the holidays on a dime's notice.......it's abuse.
        And I do none of it. I have quit companies for treating me like that and will every time that is the expectation because it's messed up and life is too short.
        Jack Faire
        Friend
        Father
        Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by jackfaire View Post
          And I do none of it. I have quit companies for treating me like that and will every time that is the expectation because it's messed up and life is too short.
          Quitting really isn't an option for a lot of people currently. Unfortunate as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
            Quitting really isn't an option for a lot of people currently. Unfortunate as it is.
            People tell me that and a couple times quitting put me in a bad situation but we aren't talking "work is inconveniencing me so I am going to quit" We are taking I was working from 4 in the morning to 7 o'clock at night 6 days a week to make ends meet.

To me no job is worth killing myself for. Ever.
            Jack Faire
            Friend
            Father
            Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by jackfaire View Post
              To me no job is worth killing myself for. Ever.
              This.

There is a certain point where your health trumps having a job that's making you physically or mentally ill.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                There is a certain point where your health trumps having a job that's making you physically or mentally ill.
                But "Making your family homeless" trumps your health. -.-

Comment

One reason I dislike complaining about my situation (poor health, lack of money, etc) is that I know others do have it worse then me. I hear all the time that, just because somebody has it worse..does not mean I can not complain...so logically it would be the same for these rich people who complain about something.

That being said, however, there is the tactful way..and the way most of them seem to do it. You complain you are 'poor' when you are a multimillionaire, or are going to lose your second plane, I have very little sympathy for you. You worry about paying for your kids college or something similar...I will have a lot more sympathy.

It is not that they are complaining, it is what they are complaining about. Things that most of the rest of the world would see as "Wow..I have a plane!".

I have a loving, mostly supportive family, two vehicles, and some money saved up. So I know I am lucky..many do not have that. My life is far from perfect, and yes..I do complain way too much..but at least it is not about how I can't afford a $100k vehicle...

Comment

I'm with GK on this one.

I mean, I do not like a lot of what's gone on with many companies. This bad economy has been a golden opportunity to take away perks in the name of "budget cuts" (cutting corners), treating people like work animals, and expecting "loyalty" out of these people as if it was honkydory.

However, I can't be car-less or homeless. I have to do what I have to do to keep myself secure. A lot of people do have it worse. That doesn't mean I won't stop whining, but I do bear in mind that I still have perks that others don't get, bonuses that other people have never even heard of, but it doesn't stop me from whining about what I have to do to keep that.

But things like this make me wish these idiots would see what it was like to be just a piss on at the bottom of the totem pole, having to let their friends and families down because either the workload is too much or too little, either way hurts you.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
                      But "Making your family homeless" trumps your health. -.-
                      No it doesn't because if you die from shitty health you just made your family homeless.

If my entire family is relying on me killing myself at work to have a roof over our head then actually dying would be counter productive.

I think the problem is people think, "My job is hard it's killing me" No chances are it's not. Chances are your working conditions are decent and if you do work overtime it's a few hours and you still drive home from work. Most people don't get to the level I get before quitting. I take a two hour bus ride home from work on a good day. On a bad day it's longer I spend 12 hours in the getting to work, working, going home cycle and when it comes right down to it everything else I do has to wait for weekends or the few moments I get in between. Most people with my commute quit. No matter how badly they need the work.
                      Last edited by jackfaire; 03-05-2012, 12:12 PM.
                      Jack Faire
                      Friend
                      Father
                      Smartass

Comment

I'd comment on this thread, but fish and barrels and all that.

Rapscallion
                        Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
                        Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

I have a tendency to quit jobs when they start to treat me like shit, but it's not like "I'm lazy and don't feel like working". Nor is it "I'm too proud to be treated like less than a Lord!" It's more like "If I don't quite right now, I'm going to stab you repeatedly with this letter opener."

Plus it's like telling them "It's ok to treat people like shit beause you're under the delusion that you earned some sort of power". Yeah yeah, you invested your time and money in educating and expanding yourself, made a business and all that shit.

Guess where your business would be with no employees. Yeah, thought so. You need us just as much as we need you, so fuck off with your power trips, your condescending attitude and your heartless attitudes into our personal lives, and maybe we'll stop stealing from you and telling the EPA about that little gas spill you tried to cover up last year.....

Comment

Working...
                          X