No announcement yet.

Racist e-mail from a judge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meh. Just because he happened to send the e-mail from Judge@Gov.com doesn't magically mean he's making an official legal proclamation.

So you want a judge with absolutely no biases? Sure, I know one. He lives on some oceanfront property in Arizona with a piece of the golden gate bridge.

Judges are incredibly biased just like anyone else. The difference is being aware of it. He's aware he found a racist joke funny, but let's look at his rulings. Can anyone see a clearly defined history of racism and bias in his rulings? Have a look!

Comment

Originally posted by DrFaroohk View Post
      Meh. Just because he happened to send the e-mail from Judge@Gov.com doesn't magically mean he's making an official legal proclamation.
      Not an official proclamation, but such emails are meant for professional purposes only. Using that email does lead to the implication that this is his professional attitude.

So you want a judge with absolutely no biases? Sure, I know one. He lives on some oceanfront property in Arizona with a piece of the golden gate bridge.
      Judges are not supposed to let their personal ideologies interfere with their ruling on legal matters, which do not offer much room for interpretation. As I just said, that email is a work email and his use of it in such a matter can indicate that he's not capable of doing so.

Judges are incredibly biased just like anyone else. The difference is being aware of it. He's aware he found a racist joke funny, but let's look at his rulings. Can anyone see a clearly defined history of racism and bias in his rulings? Have a look!
      Funny you should mention that. Proper procedure in such an incident SHOULD be that the judge is suspended from the bench effective immediately for an investigation into all his cases to determine a bias. If one is found, not only can the judge lose his position as a judge, he can also be removed from the Bar and every case needs to be reviewed by an independent judge to change the rulings as necessary.

Comment

I guess this is just one of those areas I see things differently...but I feel like anyone who sees this as anything other than just a harmless e-mail, anyone who makes a big deal out of the fact that it's his pro e-mail, which can NEVER EVER be used for anything else; anyone who feels this way is seriously broken in their head.

I try to wrap my head around it and its basically how I would act if I was trying, on purpose, to be the biggest asshole I could.

Comment

Wow. Really?

I, for one, am glad that most of the rest of us would like to hold those in power to higher standards, as opposed to blowing off some guy who, in his official capacity, is firing off what are essentially official emails that he thinks are racist but thinks it's ok to be racist because he wasn't trying to be racist, just anti-Obama.

With power comes responsibility, and this guy is being demonstrably irresponsible.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

who makes a big deal out of the fact that it's his pro e-mail, which can NEVER EVER be used for anything else;.
            Most companies, organizations, and governmental bodies have rules against using your professional email for anything that isn't business related.

For this very reason.
            Jack Faire
            Friend
            Father
            Smartass

Comment

Working...
            X