Teen Loses License For Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teen Loses License For Life

An unidentified teen loses his license in Rhode Island due to driving recklessly, transporting alcohol, driving under the influence which caused a crash injuring him and the other passengers. This happened while the teen and passengers in the car were coming home from a party. I don't know what the requirements are for teens to get their license in the state of Rhode Island, but in this case as drastic as it seems, I think the judge did the right thing. Driving is a privilege, not a right and frankly that teenager sure did make a stupid decision that cost him that right. If he was an adult, he would've been charged with a DUI with reckless driving which would've cost him his license anyway.

Link!
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

A bit more info

Kid had already had his license suspended, didnt say why. Probably a good call by the judge in this case. Obviously the kid has no desire to follow the laws.

I would like to know what he had done before though, I bet that really mattered when the judge made the call.

Comment

Good. If the kid didn't want to lose his license he should have thought of that before doing the stupid shit he did. I wish more people would lose their licenses for life for doing dumb shit.
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I wish losing your license for life actually stopped stupid people from driving.

Like the guy that did a hit and run on my brother in his mom's rental car which she loaned him but claimed he must have borrowed it without her permission and somehow gotten himself to her workplace and gotten the keys from her without anyone noticing or maybe she just left them in the ignition with the doors unlocked...

But, yeah, I still agree that some people need to lose a few privileges to impress them on how unacceptable their actions are.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Nothing stops some repeat offenders until they are rendered handicapped, or dead, or in prison.

My opinion of my ex right now is that he will never, ever stop drinking (and as soon as he gets his occupational license again, driving too) until he has either hurt someone so bad he gets sent to prison, or has injured himself to the point of crippled for life, or kills himself that way.

You can slap whatever punishment or suspension or revocation on someone, but it doesn't do any good for them until they are either paralyzed for life, 6 feet under, or behind bars for the rest of their lives.

Comment

Working...
          X