Forced Castration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forced Castration

I am putting this here in Social Woes but it could go in the Religion section

First off I will say that the events described in this post took place over 60 years ago, BUT this is another "fine" example of the insanity that seemed to permeate the Catholic chruch over the last 100 years.

more stories have come out in the last 20 or 30 years of things such as the sex abuse scandel in the N. American (US and Canada) and Europe, the physical and mental abuse of native children, priestly affairs, and the coverup of the aforementioned atrocitites that have occured over the last 100 years.

Now there is a story out of the Netherlands that is a real shocker. it involves both the religious AND polictical sides of the equation.

I heard this on CBCs As It Happens last night

Dutch Catholic church castrated at least 10 boys and young men in 1950s/

same article name different news organization

The most telling part of this is:
    There, court papers confirm, he was castrated "at his own request", despite no submission of his written consent. Sources told Mr Dohmen that the surgical removal of testicles was regarded as a treatment for homosexuality and also as a punishment for those who accused clergy of sexual abuse.
    Evidence emerged on Monday that government inspectors were aware that minors were being castrated while in Catholic-run psychiatric institutions.

Minutes of meetings held in the 1950s show that inspectors were present when castrations were discussed. The documents also reveal that the Catholic staff did not think parents needed to be involved.

There are also allegations that Vic Marijnen, a former Dutch Prime Minister, who died in 1975, was linked to the case.

In 1956, Mr Marijnen was the chairman of the Gelderland children's home where Mr Heithuis and other children were abused. He intervened to have prison sentences dropped against several priests convicted of abusing children.

{bolding and underlining are mine}
    This shit just will not STOP. how many more lives were ruined physically, mentally, emotionally, etc. cause these people just wanted to get their jollies off????????

This horrific act was done on a minor (21 was the age of majority at the time)
    I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
    The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Originally posted by Racket_Man View Post
    This shit just will not STOP. how many more lives were ruined physically, mentally, emotionally, etc. cause these people just wanted to get their jollies off????????
    It happened decades ago. Hopefully it *has* stopped.

Unless it's the *reporting* you want to stop? Because I want to see every evil decision ever made by any religious authority on display for the world to see.

Comment

Originally posted by draco664 View Post
      It happened decades ago. Hopefully it *has* stopped.

Unless it's the *reporting* you want to stop? Because I want to see every evil decision ever made by any religious authority on display for the world to see.
      Or non-religious, for that matter.
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

I've seen reference to this story before. Doesn't surprise me if that did happen....do a google search sometime on the magdalene laundries, and what the catholic church did to girls for a few centuries.
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Why is it that in the real world, child molesters keep their junk and the victims get theirs cut off for 'telling'?

Edit:
          Oh yeah, it's the Catholic Church NVM

Comment

Your bigotry is showing.

Shooting the messenger, as it were, has been around a whole hell of a lot longer than the Catholic Church.

If the church or Church didn't exist, the ills of the world wouldn't evaporate, no matter how much you want to have faith that they would. People will still suck just as much.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Anything remotely religiously involved like this always has the catholic church involved even upto the 60's or so unwed mothers were institutionalised. I've yet to hear of or read about anything like this within the last 100 years about any other European based religion.

Catholics, no beef with, the 'church' when it stops making faults and admits to it's past, I'll stop bringing em up periodically.

I guess alter boys with no junk get to sing higher for longer, yay for the choir?

If the church or Church didn't exist, the ills of the world wouldn't evaporate, no matter how much you want to have faith that they would. People will still suck just as much.
              The ending to the second comming or whatever the Christopher Eccleston mini serise was called said something along those lines, people would be evil or good but they would no longer be able to say 'the devil made me do it' or 'we are killing you in gods name'

but without the Church, there would be no priests, no priests means those that would have become priests with kiddie fucking in mind, don't have a ready supply and an organisation to sweep it under the rug.

Can't see the same thing happening if they were a teacher or doctor
              Last edited by Ginger Tea; 03-21-2012, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Not true at all, unless you ignore generations of mutilation and abuse in the middle east and utterly ignore the atrocities committed by the Soviet Union which denounced and persecuted religion.

Also, the articles state that Dutch state government inspectors were present during discussions of the castrations during administrative meetings, so the blame lies as much with the state as with the church at that time.

From the first linked:
                The Deetman inquiry chose not to look into the allegations, saying that there were “few leads to conduct further research.” Evidence emerged on Monday, however, that not only was the Catholic church ordering castrations, but that government inspectors were present at the meetings discussing castrations and that officials felt no particular need to consult the patients’ families.
                ^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I kept mine as European as I know the middle east has a vastly different way of doing things that are legal over there, same with africa, hell I don't even care how many children die over there now, 20+ years since Live aid and Ethiopia is still famin based. Kony 2012? most places still seem to be at each others throats that you telling me new borns are being given guns would not shock or surprise me.

The fact the dutch government had a hand in this is wrong in itsself, but it comes as no surprise to see that church's involvemnt, if it was Church of England/Protestant or Judasism and the same story, that I would take notice of.

Granted the British government post war isn't exactly spotless, what with the lost children or whatever the scandal of forced migration for orphans and even just in care children to Austrailia and or New Zeland was called, but atleast they arived with their junk intact (not knowing how many might not have survived)

Comment

Working...
                  X