Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby siezed and mother kicked out of hospital after giving birth

http://hslda.org/hs/state/pa/201203270.asp

...The police didn't ask any questions, like what the mother was actually doing wrong before walking in and kicking her out while taking away custody of their kid?

What the hell is wrong with everyone?
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Total and utter bullshit, abuse of power is running rampant anymore.

Comment

This took place in June of 2010, nearly 2 years ago.

I'm not seeing any information at all about this issue prior to the campaign started by HSLDA.

At this point, I'm keeping the salt handy.

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
        What the hell is wrong with everyone?
        This is actually a typical problem when dealing with over-zealous CPS agents. Hopefully, should this prove to be accurate, this will lead to more scrutiny of the power these people can bring to bear.

Article at WND

^-.-^
        Last edited by Andara Bledin; 03-30-2012, 01:49 AM.
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Stuff like this (and many other reasons) are why I'm doing a home birth. No interventions, no ability for the hospital to take my kid away. Just me, my husband, and a midwife.

Comment

That was supposedly the plan for this family, too, but when your kid decides she's going to be a month early and your midwife is two hours away, your options get pretty slim.

And don't think that not having your kid at a hospital is going to protect you at all from over-reaching CPS agents.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Given the incoherence of the link and the nature of the site, I won't believe a word of it without another source. For starters, they never bother to say (and yes, it would have come out by now) why there was a social worker involved in the first place.
              "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

This story infuriates me because of my own 2 year long fight with CPS here in Nevada. However, everything I've found on this has been articles posted today, referring to that HSLDA link. This has gone viral like the Kony video. I'll wait for the investigative reporters to get involved and add the other side of the story.
                Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

Here's a similar story that shows the obscene injustices the child protection services go to in order to prevent injustices.

Link

Essentially, a baby born in France was taken to England, by English CPS, despite the fact its parents emigrated to France when the woman was pregnant.
                  Last edited by draco664; 04-03-2012, 04:08 AM. Reason: clarity

Comment

Working...
                  X