Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student Voices Support For Anders Brevik

Should he be kicked out?

Yes, he actually thinks that killing 70 people is justified to defeat "cultural marxism". He sounds like a real nutcase, but I don't know if he should be kicked out of school. On watch? Yes, but not kicked out.

**For those who don't know, Anders Brevik was a terrorist responsible for the death of 70 people in Norway last year.**

I assume that student just got himself put on most of the terrorist watchlists.

and on another note,what kind of animal thinks it is jusifiable to kill 70 people in cold blood?

Comment

No.

The right of free speech says that every person can voice whatever opinion they choose, even if it is stupid and/or offensive.

I am not sure of Norway's laws, but in the US there would be serious legal issues with kicking him out of school. Personally, I don't think he should be.

Comment

If I heard a student say something like that in class, I would not hesitate one second to notify the authorities. In fact, in the wake of Virginia Tech and the like, we're encouraged to report any odd, unusual, or suspicious behavior.

Comment

Is he being ejected for the statement, or is he being ejected for the assault he's under investigation for, though? (mentioned at 3:30)
          "Never confuse the faith with the so-called faithful." -- Cartoonist R.K. Milholland's father.
          A truer statement has never been spoken about any religion.

Comment

Should he be kicked out of school? No, I don't think so.
            Should he be watched? DEFINETLY.

Comment

Important to note that this is 1) college and 2) a private university, not a public one. Not sure on Norway's laws, but in the US, no one has a 'right' to a college education. If a student makes a remark that I perceive to be threatening, I have every right to kick that student out of my class. Private universities in this country have kicked kids out for being gay or being caught fornicating. So, legally, I think the school was within its rights.

Comment

Would this be a good time to mention the difference between what you have a right to do and what's right for you to do?
                "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

I didn't say anything about what was ethical or moral. But some people in here questioned the legality, so, I said that in my opinion, under current US law, this would probably be a legal action. As I am not an expert in the Norwegian university system, and have no interest in becoming one, I can't speak to that.

Comment

People and organizations in colleges have been making pro-revolution, pro-anarchy, pro-this or that statements for years.

Kick him out for it? No. Not unless it goes against the school's "Honor Code" that students are forced to sign. Then you get a loop hole.

Otherwise, report him, watch him, scrutinize him.
                    Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

There's no law against being an asshole; othewise all the people on CS would be calling the cops every day and getting sucky customers arrested.

Comment

Originally posted by anakhouri View Post
                        There's no law against being an asshole; othewise all the people on CS would be calling the cops every day and getting sucky customers arrested.
                        One could only hope

Comment

Originally posted by anakhouri View Post
                          There's no law against being an asshole; otherwise all the people on CS would be calling the cops every day and getting sucky customers arrested.
                          For the WIN!

But...to come out and say "I believe that this person that massacred innocent bystanders was in the right and this is a logical course of action" can be removed, both legally as a potential threat to the campus, and ethically, as a potential threat to the campus and to avoid legal repercussions when said douchebag ends up being beaten to a bloody pulp or worse by other students.

Comment

Working...
                          X