Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Occupiers - forced to un-occupy

Link

The thing that gets me about the Occupiers is their fascination with 'seeming' over 'doing'. Their 'raising awareness' over 'getting shit done'.

Some occupiers 'occupied' a house and were going to renovate it for a homeless family. But that's, like, hard work, man. Instead, they trashed the place.

The house had been going through foreclosure, and now the owner is going to have to deal with a $12,000 damage bill on top of all the rest he owes.

Originally posted by draco664 View Post
    The house had been going through foreclosure, and now the owner is going to have to deal with a $12,000 damage bill on top of all the rest he owes.
    It's very nice of Bank of America to be willing to work with them on this one, especially given the circumstances.

And they were never going to do any charity. Let's not kid ourselves.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
      And they were never going to do any charity. Let's not kid ourselves.

you have obviously never heard of "operation welcome home", and "take back the land"
      Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Originally posted by BlaqueKatt View Post
        you have obviously never heard of "operation welcome home", and "take back the land"
        Seeing as neither have anything to do with this story, I'm not sure why you are bringing them up.
        Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

same thing happening over at berkley.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/occu...-are-pictures/

It was already a communal farm, being used for research by UofC for agricultural research. They were using natural crops too.

According to Berkeley U, the Gill tract is “being used as an open-air laboratory by the students and faculty of our College of Natural Resources for agricultural research. Their work encompasses basic plant biology, alternative cropping systems, plant-insect interactions and tree pests and pathogens. These endeavors are part of the larger quest to provide a hungry planet with more abundant food, and will be impeded if the protest continues.”
          Now it's occupied.... to "take back the tract".

but from what i've seen in that report they've fucked a lot of shit up.

exactly for WHOSE good did they occupy this?
          I'm starting to think it was more envy than anything else.

Comment

But PepperElf, they did it with good intentions! That makes it okay.

/sarcasm

Comment

lol Glad I am not the only one disillusioned with the Occupy movement. I read an article a couple months back that was written by a reporter sitting in on a planning meeting and the gist of the plans was, "Whose day can we make worse to bring awareness to these issues"

All they are doing is "raising awareness" and then expecting other people to do the actual changing of how things are done but refuse to do any of the work themselves.

Hell protesting is easy change is hard.
              Jack Faire
              Friend
              Father
              Smartass

Comment

I've been disillusioned with them from the start.

And I completely agree - protesting without actually doing something to "fix" anything.

complaining that other people have things they want... and sitting down protesting vs actually working to try to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by PepperElf View Post
                  same thing happening over at berkley.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/occu...-are-pictures/

It was already a communal farm, being used for research by UofC for agricultural research. They were using natural crops too.

Now it's occupied.... to "take back the tract".

but from what i've seen in that report they've fucked a lot of shit up.

exactly for WHOSE good did they occupy this?
                  I'm starting to think it was more envy than anything else.
                  So, they've taken a farm and turned it into a... farm? Excuse me, an inefficient farm.

Oh, I note that the big list of jobs doesn't actually include much in the way of 'farming' tasks. Nice.

The brain-rot that accompanies these idiots is staggering.
                  Last edited by draco664; 05-02-2012, 11:22 PM. Reason: Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by draco664 View Post
                    So, they've taken a farm and turned it into a... farm? Excuse me, an inefficient farm.
                    Correction: They took a research lab which could solve a number of world farming problems within 5 years and turned it into what can be best described as a "hippie shithole community".

And that 5 years I mentioned? yeah, it will now take at least that long to repair the damage.

Comment

I don't think the change they're looking for is "make possibly one of the nation's most evil banks look good, particularly in comparison to us."
                      "The hero is the person who can act mindfully, out of conscience, when others are all conforming, or who can take the moral high road when others are standing by silently, allowing evil deeds to go unchallenged." — Philip Zimbardo
                      TUA Games & Fiction // Ponies

Comment

yeah but i sure think that's what they've found.

Comment

Working...
                        X