Another woman who was fired for being "too hot."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another woman who was fired for being "too hot."

This time, a back room office worker fired for being too busty, according to the suit.

Link: http://gma.yahoo.com/jersey-woman-sh...opstories.html

First, she'd be more believable if she didn't fire that vulture for a lawyer. Second, an orthadox jew selling suggestive lingerie?! Who would have thought?

On a side note, here's an article that says attractive women are less likely to find a job these days:

Link: http://www.economist.com/node/21551535

Personally, I find that article a little politically-correct. Based on some of the comments, and my thoughts as well as others I've talked to, it really comes down to this: If a business refuses to hire an attractive woman, it's because a) They're afraid of possible sexual harassment complaints, and b) If said woman gets hired and later promoted, they'll be complaints she "only got promoted because she's hot."
    AKA sld72382 on customerssuck.

If the woman is telling the complete truth, she has every right to sue them.

They hired her, knowing full well what she looked like. She specifically asked about a dress code, they gave her no guidelines. When spoken to about her attire, she compromised and received abuse from her co-workers because of it.

And 'taping her breasts down'?! Some women are bustier than others. You can't always hide it.

This whole thing is ridiculous from start to finish. I hope she gets what she deserves from this joke of a company.

Comment

No evidence one way or the other to pass judgement on this case. She certainly wasn't fired for being "too hot". She was fired for showing too much boob. Without seeing her in the outfits she wore, we won't have any idea whether this was a valid complaint by management.
      Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Considering that the alleged comment from a manager was that she should buy a sweater that go to her ankles, I suspect it was more too much leg than too much boob.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
          Considering that the alleged comment from a manager was that she should buy a sweater that go to her ankles, I suspect it was more too much leg than too much boob.
          I'd read that as, "too much skin," since he wasn't telling her to get a floor-dragging skirt. Obviously, the jiggle above the waist mattered as much as below.

If the claims are accurate, this seems little more than gender-based harrassment. That said, I have little doubt that there's a lot more to this lawsuit than the new article of a press release is telling. I'll be looking forward to seeing some pic... er, more information.

Comment

I read the article and I'm pretty certain there's some sort of bullshit going on, but I'm not certain from what quarter.

Orthodox jews selling lingerie is pretty bizarre in the first instance. Then harassing and sacking someone who's selling that gear for them for showing too much skin is another level of oddity. Either the story on that page is incredibly one-sided, or the entire article is a spoof.

There's huge gaps in what we've been told.

Rapscallion
            Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
            Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Yeah, looking at pictures of her, not fired for being "too hot". Other than that, not really enough information to go on but if what's said in the article is all true, then yeah, deffinately grounds to sue.
              I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
              Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

I am curious about her compromise. Jeggins and a tshirt could result in a very skin tight outfit that doesn't show much skin. It just depends on how the shirt fit her really. Her compromise may not have been as compliant as it sounds. I found pictures online of her in the bathrobe but none of her outfit. Now, if they did react like she says they did, I'd say either way she has a right to be pissed.

Comment

Originally posted by Shangri-laschild View Post
                  I am curious about her compromise. Jeggins and a tshirt could result in a very skin tight outfit that doesn't show much skin.
                  I have a crew-neck t-shirt that is so skin-tight that you can see the outline of my bra's underwire when I'm wearing it. Pair that with tight jeggings, and you've got yourself an outfit completely inappropriate for work.

I've worked with many, many chesty women over the years, and only one has ever been called out for inappropriate clothing. She wore a lingerie top to work. She called it a "sleeveless blouse". She seriously could not see the problem. Some women (and men) just don't have any common sense.

Comment

Working...
                  X