No announcement yet.

Nurse refuses student inhaler during asthma attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the ever-living fuck. That's horrible. I have asthma. It is terrifying when you are having an asthma attack that bad.

While I can also marginally see why she didn't give him his inhaler, although I think it's still utterly asinine, why the fuck didn't she call 911?
    "And I won't say "Woe is me"/As I disappear into the sea/'Cause I'm in good company/As we're all going together"

Comment

What the fucking fuck?!!! She refused to give the kid his inhaler during a full blown asthma attack and didn't even call 911?!! I hope they throw the book at that nurse for child endangerment!
      There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
        But even if you give her that pass, what excuse was there for not informing the parent, on the day the inhaler was confiscated, that there was no paperwork on hand and that it would need to be corrected?

^-.-^
        Confiscated? The inhaler was STOLEN! I read both articles linked to, and one said it was taken during a locker search, and the other during a backpack search. If it was a backpack search, the student (17 years old) would have been present.

An appropriate on-the-spot response to the theft would have been to tell the pseudo-authority "That inhaler is necessary for my survival - if you do not return it IMMEDIATELY, I will assume that you are trying to kill me." Next step in the event of non-return (i.e. use of lethal force against the student) would be to defend himself - and since lethal force was being used against him, he would be justified in using lethal force. Remember that this happened in Florida, which has a "stand your ground" law.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
          Confiscated? The inhaler was STOLEN! I read both articles linked to, and one said it was taken during a locker search, and the other during a backpack search. If it was a backpack search, the student (17 years old) would have been present.

An appropriate on-the-spot response to the theft would have been to tell the pseudo-authority "That inhaler is necessary for my survival - if you do not return it IMMEDIATELY, I will assume that you are trying to kill me." Next step in the event of non-return (i.e. use of lethal force against the student) would be to defend himself - and since lethal force was being used against him, he would be justified in using lethal force. Remember that this happened in Florida, which has a "stand your ground" law.
          You're going a bit far. it was a legitimate confiscation, even if a remarkably stupid one due to zero thought rules. Had common sense been used, the kid couldve kept it.

But it was, within the rules, a legitimate confiscation of what is technically considered a controlled device. Not theft.

As for withholding it from the kid during the asthma attack, that was sheer fucking stupidity on a scale I can't comprehend. At that point, had the kid done something desperate for the inhaler, no fault. But before, at the confiscation itself, would have been rash. And probably gotten him expelled.

Comment

Working...
          X