Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News Media Outlets and their sensationalism.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Media Outlets and their sensationalism.

Seriously folks, this is starting to get old.

There are two incidents recently in the news regarding cannibalism. The homeless men in Miami and again one in Maryland where someone ate someone's brain.

The headline claims this is the second zombie-like attack in a week.

News media outlets are increasingly dependent on ratings to generate more and more advertising revenue. As if these events were not horrific enough to keep us going back to paying attention to the news, they had to slap the word "Zombie" on the attacks to whip us into even more of a frenzy.

We get into a frenzy, more people plaster their noses against their TV and Computer screens, the outlets get more ratings, and finally they get more money.

I don't know if it's like this in other countries, but it certainly is here in the United States.

But the aftermath of them doing this, this plastering the word Zombie on it, is that people are really starting to freak out about the Zombie Apocalypse and the 2012 end of the world (now caused by zombies). You can't refresh a page on Yahoo Answers without seeing at least one zombie-related question.

I don't know what pisses me off more. The News Media for doing it, or the person on the street being so goddamned stupid.
    “There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.” - Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor.

While I am fed up with both, I get much more angry at the stupid people. The media is just feeding the stupid though. I get so sick of people telling me to worry about XYZ because the media says that it's happening often. These types of horrific events have always happened. It just seems like a huge increase when we over report every incident.

Comment

Zombies are the current supernatural fad. It's the buzzword attached to everything. They're cashing in on what is going to sell their subscriptions and/or generate ad dollars.
      Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

Psh, video games have been doing zombies forever. The media is so behind the trends.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
          Seriously folks, this is starting to get old.

There are two incidents recently in the news regarding cannibalism. The homeless men in Miami and again one in Maryland where someone ate someone's brain.

The headline claims this is the second zombie-like attack in a week

Especially as the "brain-eating" variety of zombie is specific to ONE DAMN FILM SERIES! (return of the living dead 1-5, they all suck) Sorry this just irks me....

These "attacks" are 90% caused by a drug(bath salts), and are similar to the ones that occurred when PCP was first introduced, as the drugs effects are quite similar.

Jeffery Dahmer and Ed Geene both ate parts of people, they were called cannibals, so technically the media should go back to the source, Wisconsin, not Florida was the epicenter...it just took a while to catch on in other states

and cracked has vindicated you:

4 Ways the Face-Eater Zombie Craze Proves the Media's Broken
          Last edited by BlaqueKatt; 06-01-2012, 08:21 PM.
          Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Originally posted by bara View Post
            Psh, video games have been doing zombies forever. The media is so behind the trends.
            Also nothing new.

Comment

Well considering this shit has been going on longer than Dahmer has been around, the media is just going with whats hot. I'll joke about it being zombies but I seriously do not believe its the start of something horrible.

Comment

Working...
              X