No announcement yet.

Oh dear Christ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too find myself in a position of "meh".

Sure it's weird, sure it's not what we would consider normal.

But apart from a bunch of birds who are I'm sure by now are shitting bricks breeze blocks, there is no harm. The cat died and the owner wanted to make something out of the body.

I mean it's not like he woke up one morning and said "I think I'll bash Mr. Friskers over the heat with a shovel and turn him into a quadcopter".

When you think about it's not all that much stranger than turning the cow you had for dinner into the leather jacket you're wearing while riding your Motorcycle home.

I guess this makes 102 uses for a dead cat?
    “There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.” - Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
      When you think about it's not all that much stranger than turning the cow you had for dinner into the leather jacket you're wearing while riding your Motorcycle home.
      The difference there is that a golden rule of farming is that you never name what you intend to eat.

Rapscallion
      Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
      Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

On the issue of how we treat our dead, I tend to the view that we treat them with reverence for the sake of those who are left alive. That's really what a funeral is about, and I was at my uncle's yesterday.
        And I think a certain bit of reverence for what the person would have wanted as well. Just because, well, I think that any reasonable step should be taken. If I don't want my organs donated, don't donate my organs. There's regularly a big hubbub whenever the Mormons proxy-baptize a holocaust victim.

However, in this case it's... A cat. I don't think it had any idea of what it WANTED. If it did, I'd try to respect it. As not... I kinda like the idea of a flying cat.

Come on.

It's my cat.

But it's FLYING.

FLYYYYYIIIIING.

Wooooooooooooooooo.
        "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
        ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
          The difference there is that a golden rule of farming is that you never name what you intend to eat.

Rapscallion
          Sure you do. That cow over there is "Chuck", the rather majestic looking one in the corner is "Sir Loin of Beef", the pig over by the water trough is named "Francis", the rooster that just got usurped by the younger roosters is "Stu"...

I got a million of them.
          “There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.” - Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor.

Comment

If this artist had done this to a man and said man had requested this to be done with his remains atleast we would know concent was given.
            But the general rule of thumb with dead humans regardless of their wishes, is to stick them underground (or burn them to ashes zombie solver way) not use them as set decorations in a haunted house even if thats what Uncle Jim-Bob wanted done.

Even presented with legal documents showing consent, I think the people verbally attacking the people tasked with the job, would still say "but you shouldn't have done it even if he paid you a million dollars."

Comment

Originally posted by Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
              the rooster that just got usurped by the younger roosters is "Stu"...
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtrJwLfNQPs

Comment

That's really what a funeral is about, and I was at my uncle's yesterday.
                Condolences on losing your uncle.

The thing that bothers me is that the cat looks terrified. I know, it's not really a cat anymore and doesn't *really* feel anything, but still.
                "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
                X