One Million Moms - One Million Assholes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Million Moms - One Million Assholes

First there was the controversy over Ellen DeGeneres being tapped to be a JcPenney spokesperson.

Now they're up in arms because tthe Penney catalog is featuring 2 gay dads playing with their kids.

The horror!

This group is quickly elevating themselves to Westboro Church levels of annoyance in my book.

Link

One Million Assholes.

I wish this group would just go somewhere and rot! Just looking at the ad there is no way to tell if the guys are a couple or not, they could just be two buddies spending some dad time with their kids!

If that is supposed to be the intent of the ad, then who gives a crap! I personally think that since they didn't get any where with the Ellen thing, they are just trying to find any way to bring down JCPenny. This group is nothing more than a bunch of bigots, no better than the racist of the old south, instead of blacks they are going after gay and lesbians, and all they are doing is raising their children to be the same way. I really weep for those kids.

Comment

They remind me of a certain Simpsons character.

Comment

I still think the Fathers Day ad is at least partially a response to the complaints over their hiring Ellen.
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Oh man....Helen Lovejoy. I can't believe that One Million Moms have their asses in a knot over gay people being in JCP ads. Who the hell cares. It's just people posing in an ad. Why is it such a big deal to them that gay people are on JCP ads and that JCP is willing to have them endorse their products?!
          There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

As HYHYBT says, the father's day ad is almost certainly specifically designed to get these few thousand busybodies up in arms because the publicity is good for them.

That, and the fact that the ad is a pretty awesome use of a multiple-father household for selling items to people to gift their dad's with.

But it's also a good barometer for society in general that such a set-up is becoming normalized. Even though it might be a bit on the daring side, the fact that a few thousand bitches are whining over it and a few million people are rallying to them in support shows that the tide has definitely shifted.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

For those unaware, OMM is an offshoot of the American Family Association, a far right religious organization well known for its extreme dislike of "homosexuals"

Their chief spokesperson Bryan Fisher, has said many disparaging things about gays. He believes that Christians should be allowed to discriminate against Gays.

He also wants all 50 states to criminalize abortion, fornication and adultery and thinks Barack Obama is an agent of Satan.

Comment

More close to 40,000 moms. I laugh at these people.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedclerkthe2nd View Post
                  For those unaware, OMM is an offshoot of the American Family Association, a far right religious organization well known for its extreme dislike of "homosexuals".
                  Ugh, this group is the one that stages breastfeeding 'sit ins' as protests, and goes out of their way to get a rise out of people, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedclerkthe2nd View Post

He also wants all 50 states to criminalize abortion, fornication and adultery and thinks Barack Obama is an agent of Satan.
                    So does that mean that they'll almost criminalize divorce?

Comment

Good God, One Million Moms is terrible. Not only are they only about 40,000 strong (a pittance considering their title) but they are so homophobic and misogynistic, it's disgusting. I was accused of being misogynistic before in another thread (for reasons I still don't understand, (since I have nothing but respect for women) - but whatever misogyny you care to read into my stances on abortion, I've got nothing compared to these fuckers.

Stupidest of all, they can't be swayed on anything they believe, because, after all, it's for the furtherance of "God's word", or for the "sake of the children". They can't be swayed, because they have some sort of delirium of a holy war, as if God is on their side. As a Christian myself, I can't believe the kind of things my religion and my God are appropriated for sometimes.

Comment

I had a classmate in college who was an older lady with a family. She once confided in me that she caught her daughter reading a book that had "boys kissing." She told me this in a very conspiratorial whisper.

I had to physically hold back my laughter, because I, too, am into that kind of stuff. So yeah, I'm the wrong person to look to for sympathy in that situation.

Comment

Ah, the infamous JC Penny's Yaoi ads.

Comment

I have skepticism toward the "One Million Moms" claim of having 40k members. I vaguely remember some Facebook squabble involving them being bigoted, and OMM's page getting somewhere south of 2000 Likes - and the page created to oppose their page getting upwards of 100k Likes.

Comment

The OMM page has been overloaded from opposition. They tried this with the whole gay Green Lantern anouncement too, and failed miserably.

Comment

Working...
                              X