Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "No touchy"

http://www.news.com.au/national/touc...641967b7eed259

So for a primary school in Victoria, Australia, there is a no-touching policy. In addition to that, the same principal has done stupid things such as threaten to cut the curriculum if the parents don't pay "voluntary" fees and also charged $200 for the use of tissues, toilet paper and the school oval. (that's in one lump sum, not $200 each time)

I think someone's on a power trip....

Why did either nobody ask her *why* she came up with such a policy in the first place or else they weren't persistent enough to get a straight answer?
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

"I gave someone a high-five, I need counceling."
      or even better
      "I was helping my friend out and touched him in a approriate way. I need counceling"

That there is a little too much.

Down here in Florida (I don't know if its like that anywhere else), teachers asks students to bring in tissues for the class room (but gets extra credit for doing so ). Otherwise you use the damn sandpaper they give you. The toilet paper is also provided by the school. I rather use pinecones. And since when did voluntary mean madatory? .

Comment

Originally posted by bex1218 View Post

Down here in Florida (I don't know if its like that anywhere else), teachers asks students to bring in tissues for the class room (but gets extra credit for doing so )
        Toilet paper is provided by the school obviously down here, but with the classes I've seen, teachers will ask the students to bring in 1 box each from home (given that tissues are like $2-$3 for a decent-sized box) and 30 boxes results in a decent supply for the year.

Comment

Unfortnately not everyone buys it, espcially after a lot of teachers ask for tissues. I mean, the tissues the damn school provides was worthless and painful.

Comment

"Ms Beckworth was ordered to undergo her own counselling by the Victorian government after threatening to cut the school's curriculum if parents do not make voluntary payments. "

What the hell kind of power does this woman have? Seriously, how does she still have a job?

Comment

Wow, just wow. I hugged my friends a lot when I was at school. I was just one of those kids that acted like that. At that time I needed that in my life, to take that away from me would have been devastating.
              "Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe" -H. G. Wells

"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed" -Sir Francis Bacon

Comment

Working...
              X