No announcement yet.

Haircut for a haircut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My question - where was the 3 year old's mother in all of this? How did she not notice her daughter talking to two pre-teens and then getting her hair cut by them?

Not saying the 13 year old wasn't stupid for what she did, but none of the articles I've read have mentioned where the toddler's mom was while all of this was happening.

Comment

From other stories I have read they cut the little one's hair off in a place adults couldn't see them and the little one was being watched by her grandfather, who probably thought it was sweet the the older girls were befriending her and never thought they would harm her. And he was very unlikely to be crawling around in those tubes with the little girl.

Comment

Originally posted by boringscreenname View Post
        From other stories I have read they cut the little one's hair off in a place adults couldn't see them and the little one was being watched by her grandfather, who probably thought it was sweet the the older girls were befriending her and never thought they would harm her. And he was very unlikely to be crawling around in those tubes with the little girl.
        Which confirms that the girl needs professional help. BADLY.

Comment

Originally posted by boringscreenname View Post
          Would you happen to have the link for one of those stories? My mom and I have been talking about this and I'd like to send it to her. I've tried googling it but so far haven't found any that talk about anything other than what happened in the courtroom.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekojin View Post
            In the US, Criminal records for minors are mostly irrelevant - they're sealed and (mostly) inaccessible once they reach majority. They get a clean slate, wiped blank, on their 18th birthday.
            i'm pretty sure the only thing that carries through is 1st class felonies... everything else is as if it never happened (thank the gods). The system works on the idea that we've all done stupid things when we were younger and unless it was something that caused major harm it shouldn't be held over you for your whole life.

Now, onto this case, seems perfectly reasonable. The punishment was most definitely on par with the crime (and if the mother is going to claim it is cruel and unusual then she has kind of just screwed her daughter over because it would make the daughter's crime look even worse), didn't involve putting the girl in prison, and saved the tax payers a lot of money... and this lesson is one that was definitely easier to learn for the girl than a prison term... seems like everyone involved won in this one.
            "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Working...
            X