Lennox the Dog Executed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lennox the Dog Executed

Despite the fact that he was taken only because of his breed and without provocation. Along with the many pleas and options presented to the Belfast City Council to save Lennox and that his evaluations proved he wasn't dangerous at all. Lennox was executed due to the dangerous breed laws. As a dog owner, I am sickened and outraged to say the least. My heart goes out to the Barnes family for this tremendous loss of their beloved pet. Dangerous breed laws not only discriminate against well behaved but deemed "dangerous" dogs but also lose focus against bad owners who perpetuate that stereotype by raising the dog to be aggressive.

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Len...162041085.html
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

So... any idea *why* they were so insistent on killing this dog, even when it meant continually lying about what breed it was?
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
      So... any idea *why* they were so insistent on killing this dog, even when it meant continually lying about what breed it was?
      I think everyone who is familiar with this story is asking the same question. A friend of mine suggested that there was something wrong with Lennox, like he had gotten sick while in the government's care, and they didn't want to admit it. So they put him down instead. This is purely speculation, I have not heard anything that suggests this is true. But it is a very, very odd case, especially since so many people were rallying for the dog and offering other solutions, including taking him out of the country. And (last I heard, anyway) the family was not granted any kind of visitation at all after the dog was removed from their home, in the 2 years that he was gone. Why wouldn't they allow his family to see him, even one last time before they put him down?

Comment

It's an upsetting case to say the least. They took a poor, innocent animal and killed it for no reason. It's ridiculous, especially since there were other valid options given that involved getting the dog out of the country at no cost to the town or country.
        Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

I just went and gave my precious Pitty, Violet, a huge hug and a brand new rawhide that I bought her.

This disgusts me to the point of tears.

Comment

Oh fuck them. Sideways. Up a hill. -_- With a sandpaper condom.

Dangerous breed laws?!

Blatantly ignoring the actual breed?

Oh fuck them.

Comment

Originally posted by MaggieTheCat View Post
              A friend of mine suggested that there was something wrong with Lennox, like he had gotten sick while in the government's care, and they didn't want to admit it.
              Am I the only one who immediately thought of that teleported dog from "The Fly II?"
              "I take it your health insurance doesn't cover acts of pussy."

Comment

Fuck these people. They had everyone vouching for the dog and they put him down anyway.

Sound like a bunch of heartless bureaucrats who can only do things by the rules.

Comment

This reminds me of that thing where cops don't believe that the person is innocent simply because they've spent so much time taking him down, so even when 100% exonerating evidence is provided, they'll still try to prosecute him.
                  "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                  ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

As a proud doggie parent to a Pit Bull Terrier - Boxer mix, I find this disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by Duelist925 View Post
                      Oh fuck them. Sideways. Up a hill. -_- With a sandpaper condom.
                      Fuck a sandpaper condom. Use a rusty spiked dildo....followed subsequently by a rusty spiked butt plug.

Comment

There has to be more going on here than we know. The whole story stinks of some kind of cover up. Many are theorizing that the dog was dead long before they "officially" euthanized him. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me. There needs to be an investigation by an independent third party, but we'll never know the truth.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/328493

Comment

I agree. I expect that, due to neglect perhaps, the dog died while in custody. So the council concocted their story about having the dog put down. Maybe the dog even died a few days after being taken from his family; another Laika. Since they didn't let the family visit their dog and all...
                          "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Working...
                          X