Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zimmerman regrets nothing, says it was Gods plan and he wouldn't change anything.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zimmerman regrets nothing, says it was Gods plan and he wouldn't change anything.

Seriously.

I'm sorry your kid's dead, but I'd do it again because it was God's idea?

This man is a pyschopath.

OMFG!

Either his lawyer is incompetent for letting him be interviewed (I cannot comprehend the confusion of ideas that would make even the most retarded lawyer encourage him to), or Zimmerman is not taking his lawyer's advice. Either way, he's looking at a guilty verdict.

Seriously, you don't go on TV and tell the world your version of events until after the trial. Now all the prosecutor has to do is bring up any inconsistencies in the evidence to make him look like a bald-faced liar.

Dear $DEITY, it's like a manual on what not to do if you're charged with a crime.

Comment

1) is it a sequestered jury? If it is then they will not see this interview.

2) Is the interview something that itself could be considered evidence if not they will not see this interview..

Most likely given the nature of the trial the jury is sequestered which means the only new information coming to light for them is whatever is allowed in the courtroom. Something to remember if they come back with a non guilty verdict because this is the moment people will point to if that is the case and say, "But this how could you acquit when this was out there"

Hopefully the judge will allow the interview to be shown to the jury as part of establishing the character of Zimmerman but honestly unless he said something that is legally incriminating I doubt it.

That being said the trial may be going bad for them and they know they can't get the "common man" support so maybe they are looking for some fringe support for future appeals or something. I mean because really it's God's Will seems more like a calculated appeal to fringe groups move rather than a "Yeah I totally thought I was carrying out God's Will" admission.
      Jack Faire
      Friend
      Father
      Smartass

Comment

I really hope that the jury sees that interveiw, that asshole needs to be put in jail now! And he's not really sorry about the murder, he's only sorry he got caught lying about it.
        Last edited by Sarah Valentine; 07-19-2012, 02:18 PM.
        "I like him aunt Sarah, he's got a pretty shield. It's got a star on it!"

- my niece Lauren talking about Captain America

Comment

So he's a Calvinist (or says he is).

That might explain his sociopathic tendencies.

Comment

What?

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah Valentine View Post
              What?
              Calvinists believe in absolute predestination - that everything that happens was already known, and will happen regardless of what you think you're doing to change it. Which implies that God wants mass murderers to commit mass murder, wants rapists to rape, and so on. Scary stuff, when you start to think about it.

Comment

That's really fucked up, I seriously hope that he's found guilty.

Comment

I hope that he is found guilty, although I suspect that even if a court of law finds him not guilty (which I really hope they won't!), public opinion won't let him get away with what he's done.
                  And on top of that, the case HAS been heard of down here, so should he try and flee somewhere else, public opinion will follow him wherever he goes.

Comment

Originally posted by jackfaire View Post
                    1) is it a sequestered jury? If it is then they will not see this interview.

2) Is the interview something that itself could be considered evidence if not they will not see this interview..
                    There is a reason a criminal defense lawyer *always* tells their clients to shut the hell up. The fewer things said, the fewer things they will have to explain away at a trial.

Classically, the phrase "If you give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest of men, I will find something in them which will hang him" is attributed to Cardinal Richelieu. Prosecutors stand by it. Everything you say will be used against you - so say nothing.

Let me put it this way. The defense can no longer claim he feels remorse - not when the prosecution can pop in a tape and play a loop ten times of him saying that he regrets nothing. Even something simple like that can dramatically influence a jury.

Most likely given the nature of the trial the jury is sequestered which means the only new information coming to light for them is whatever is allowed in the courtroom. Something to remember if they come back with a non guilty verdict because this is the moment people will point to if that is the case and say, "But this how could you acquit when this was out there"
                    Yeah, Casey Anthony springs to mind.

Hopefully the judge will allow the interview to be shown to the jury as part of establishing the character of Zimmerman but honestly unless he said something that is legally incriminating I doubt it.
                    Oh, the prosecution will find something in there to help them.

That being said the trial may be going bad for them and they know they can't get the "common man" support so maybe they are looking for some fringe support for future appeals or something. I mean because really it's God's Will seems more like a calculated appeal to fringe groups move rather than a "Yeah I totally thought I was carrying out God's Will" admission.
                    I doubt it. As a legal strategy, talking to the media is never a good idea. Given past history, I'm guessing that Zimmerman is doing this because he thinks it's a good idea, and either hasn't run it past his legal team or is doing it against their advice.

Comment

"I'm sorry you buried your child".

Err....what? Talk about a non-apology, no wonder the parents didn't accept it. He's sorry they buried their child, but not that he shot and killed their child. What??

"I do wish there was something, anything, I could have done that wouldn't have put me in the position where I had to take his life."

Okay, seriously, now I wanna slap him. It's one thing to believe you made the right choice given the circumstances, but it's altogether a different thing to claim you have no regrets about your actions that killed someone. Acting like he couldn't have done anything, ANYTHING to prevent this is pretty horrifying.

Comment

The man has some sort of personality disorder; he's definitely got some sort of cop-wannabe hero complex. And it's not enough that he act like some hero, but he has to get seen as a hero, too. Idiot.

And, in a move that surprises nobody, the prosecution has entered his interview as potential evidence.

I like how he had the post-commercial-break-coaching-session bit about "not understanding" Hannity's question about if he would do anything different.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

He had also agreed to an interview with Barbara Walters, but when she and the crew arrived he refused to do the interview. He had a "contingency" that they could not meet. Barbara said she could not say what that contingency was, but it was clear that he would not do the interview unless he was paid. He then called into the View this morning and wanted to do the interview then. Barbara announced that they would not be conducting the interview and would continue with the scheduled show.

Comment

"I'm sorry you buried your child"

That doesn't even rise to the level of a non-apology apology; to me it reads more as a complaint about their disposing of the body in the customary manner.
                            "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by freeatlast View Post
                              He had also agreed to an interview with Barbara Walters, but when she and the crew arrived he refused to do the interview. He had a "contingency" that they could not meet.
                              According to Zimmerman's lawyer, the demand ABC would not meet is:

(CNN) -- The man accused of killing an unarmed Florida teenager dropped plans for a second television interview after the ABC network would not provide a month of "shelter and security" for his family, his attorney said Thursday.

Walters would not specify the demand, but Zimmerman's lawyer, Mark O'Mara, told CNN that Zimmerman "asked for shelter and security for his wife for a month. They said they could not do that."
                              He asked ABC to put his wife up in a hotel with security guard for a month basically.

Comment

Working...
                              X