Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chick-Fil-A protester loses his job, and IMHO he deserved it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chick-Fil-A protester loses his job, and IMHO he deserved it!

Okay, there's being an activist for your cause, then there's being a smug asshole, and this is definitely the latter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPLNgkP9nzc

No, Adam, you are NOT a good person for attempting to antagonize some poor lady that's only trying to do their job, regardless of whether the company she works for represents something you hate. Shame on you, for directing your hate in the wrong directiion.

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/arti...4EQoBM.twitter

And because you were dumb enough to video your little self-righteous, hate filled rant, and post it on Youtube, you've lost your high-paying job as a CFO, and may now have to work in a fast food joint serving food to assholes such as yourself. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!

There are ways to go about protesting other protests, but attacking innocent people isn't the way to do it.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Yeah, this guy was being a smug asshole. Not much different than the people he's protesting against.

Comment

I dont blame the people who work at Wal-Mart for Wal-Marts policies, this guy was being a douche.

Comment

I've been a regular customer of the local CFA since it opened in the late 90's. I don't see that remaining true in the future.... but the people there are always, unfailingly nice, from the newest new hire to the store owner. My problem with the company is strictly a matter of some of the places Winshape donates some of the corporation's profits. Far from wanting to yell at anyone at the one here in town, I'm tempted to go over and apologize for not eating there anymore.
          "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

If you wanna protest, send a letter to corporate and tell them why you won't be coming back. Don't harass the poor employees who can't change a damned thing. And telling the girl he doesn't know how she lives with herself just for working there? What a douchewaffle.

Comment

Originally posted by ngc_7331 View Post
              And telling the girl he doesn't know how she lives with herself just for working there?
              As a CFA worker in another article stated, with a roof over her head.

Some people just don't have the luxury to worry about principles. They're still working on lower tiers of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs; food and shelter are at the bottom while morality and activism are at the top.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I saw the video. The guy was an arrogant, self-righteous jerk. As he was making his commentary before pulling up to the window, I thought to myself how ironic that he was condemning one brand of hatred while planning to spread another type of hate. What a hypocrite! I'm glad he lost his job for this, and hope he continues to be kicked in the butt by karma.

Comment

Reminds me of the protesters that harassed the poor Target employees a couple weeks ago when the anti-gay kerfuffle was going on.

Asshole. Glad he lost his job.
                  Last edited by Peppergirl; 08-04-2012, 05:02 AM. Reason: Because spelling is my friend

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
                    There are ways to go about protesting other protests, but attacking innocent people isn't the way to do it.
                    Exactly. If you don't like a company's policies, you write a letter to Corporate, you do not harrass the front-line employee who is just trying to earn a living, has no say in company policy and is not allowed to fight back against an attacker.

This jerk is not an activist; he is just a bog-standard bully.
                    People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
                    If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

Originally posted by XCashier View Post
                      Exactly. If you don't like a company's policies, you write a letter to Corporate, you do not harrass the front-line employee who is just trying to earn a living, has no say in company policy and is not allowed to fight back against an attacker.

This jerk is not an activist; he is just a bog-standard bully.
                      Agreed. I wonder how brave he'd be if he could rant against someone who was allowed to fight back at him? He reminds me of the SCs at work who only rant and rave at us cuz we are not allowed to shout back. It's just cowardly.
                      "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Originally posted by Lace Neil Singer View Post
                        Agreed. I wonder how brave he'd be if he could rant against someone who was allowed to fight back at him? He reminds me of the SCs at work who only rant and rave at us cuz we are not allowed to shout back. It's just cowardly.
                        This. I totally agree. I always wondered why assholes like this would rant and rave at employees who were powerless, yet would flatly refuse to complain to management or corporate about whatever they were pissed about. Then I realized it's just the fact that they want to bully someone who can't fight back or tell them to fuck off.

Comment

Originally posted by Peppergirl View Post
                          Reminds me of the protesters that harassed the poor Target employees a couple weeks ago when the anti-gay kerfuffle was going on.
                          Or the "Occupy" idiots that were downtown. They were harassing people--mainly receptionists, delivery drivers, and others--who had no say in what Mellon Bank, PNC, etc. did. If you don't like what a company is doing, you write letters to corporate. Not someone extremely low on the totem pole that cannot fight back. But, considering that most of the higher-ups park their Mercedes and BMWs in private garages and have security on their office floors...that'll never happen.

As for this guy, isn't karma a bitch?

Comment

I remember there was a thread on here about that.
                            "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                            ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

I agree with the OP that the guy did deserve to get fired for his Chic-Fil-A rant video. He put himself and his company (so to speak) on blast and was acting like a fucking idiot to be honest.
                              There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

Working...
                              X