X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosque in Nashville barely gets.....

a permit to TEMPROARILY operate

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...essee#comments

on top of that some narrow minded politician, whose district is no where near the mosque goes off on a tirade. Thankfully she lost.

What really gets to me is this:
    Opponents spent two years in court trying to force the county to halt construction. Attorneys for the opposition claimed that Islam is not a valid religion and that mosque members were part of a plot to overthrow the U.S. Constitution and replace it with Islamic law. Those claims were thrown out by the local judge.
    I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
    The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

I can't decide whether to cry or to shout "WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!?"

(Never mind a sensible post... but at least it' a good reason not to cuss out of habit. Makes it more useful when it's truly needed )
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

I think I headdesked so hard I gave myself a concussion.

They...honestly...tried to use a "THEIR COMMIES" style defense? Tried to argue that Islam isn't a valid religion? That their trying to overthrow the government?

Dear lord. Every day i keep getting reminded how stupid people are.

Comment

From what I remember, when a mosque is built, Islam requires that it never closes. Should it be destroyed, it must be rebuilt.

If that's true (and I can hear the typing of keys as people rush to Google this), then I can see fun in the near future.

Rapscallion
        Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
        Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

There was also the argument put forward by someone about how some communities in Britain are using the sharia law approach and I'm just thinking "AND? Last I checked, you aren't forced into using the sharia law courts". >.>

Comment

Working...
          X