Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't have time to read the law! I'm a judge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few years ago an acquaintance of mine was handcuffed and arrested outside a Wal-Mart after grocery shopping with his wife. As they were exiting the building an off duty officer drew-down on him, put him on the ground, handcuffed him and lightly smacked him in the back of the head for doing something so stupid. What did he do??? It turned out to be nothing.
    The LEO thought it was TN state law that you must carry your handgun concealed, such is not the case. Our permits are handgun carry permits, it up to the carrier to determine the best way for their carry. The LEO didn't know the law, his supervisor didn't know the law, their captain didn't know the law but the chief on duty did and let him go. The guy didn't sue but did insist that the PD and SD be properly educated about state carry laws.
    I had a SD deputy argue with me about the legality of owning full-auto MGs. He said it wasn't I insisted it was and if it was illegal then why did his boss sign-off on me obtaining one???
    Cry Havoc and let slip the marsupials of war!!!

Comment

To be honest, there are so many laws out there that it's really impossible for normally-functioning people to actually be up to date on all of them, even the ones they're most likely to run into.

However, it is the judge's job to actually review the laws pertinent to the cases before him prior to making a ruling on said cases.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
      X