The biggest problem with cops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The biggest problem with cops

is that they're trained to see everyone as a potential threat no matter what crime they're accused of (if they're accused of any at all). Several years ago in a speech class, a cop in training gave a speech telling people to do what cops say. She reiterated this story about how some old lady went to the bathroom to get a gun and shot at the cops who payed her a visit. From what I see, they have to be prepared for every possible situation because their life could depend on it. To them, we are all wild animals that could bite at any time. And if they see as a threat, they'll take action.

It just sounds like a very paranoid profession. No wonder so many cops are assholes.

It's one of the most hated jobs and dangerous professions. Best to be on the careful side when dealing with the unknown.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

MY BIL is training to be a cop. He was told that, yes, many places will serve you for free if you're in uniform, but that it's usually not worth it. Because if the restaurant workers find out a meal is for a cop, they'll spit in the food.

Comment

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post
        if the restaurant workers find out a meal is for a cop, they'll spit in the food.
        Or burn it, or under cook it, or drop it on the floor, etc.
        "I like him aunt Sarah, he's got a pretty shield. It's got a star on it!"

- my niece Lauren talking about Captain America

Comment

It's far from ideal, but what alternative do they really have? (The cops, to being paranoid; not the restaurant employees from tampering with food which there's no excuse for)
          "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Personally, my irritation with cops is because of all the bad ones I've witnessed. I've seen so many police officers speeding and abusing their powers to run red lights (presumably to drop off their dry cleaning before the store closes).

Comment

If that's the worst abuse of power you ever witness, be thankful.

My brother got a front row seat to watch Santa Ana police refuse to let paramedics on the scene while a ganger spent 15 minutes bleeding out from a gun shot wound.

And my mother, aunt, and I all got to sit around and twiddle our thumbs while some bored cops searched for some reason, any reason, to justify why they pulled my mother over, despite her having done nothing wrong. They finally decided that since they were just bored and pulled her over because they didn't recognize the car, that they had to give her a ticket, so they claimed the left front tire was bald. They must have x-ray vision to have been able to see that from behind us.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
              X