Another issue rape victims have to deal with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another issue rape victims have to deal with

Since no one I know got pregnant from their rapes I was unaware that rape victims had to face this choice. Simply give up prosecuting and getting justice for your rape or have your attacker seek parental rights.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/22/opinio...html?hpt=hp_c1

I would assume that the only way they'd have to face that choice was to either not press charges, or unfortunately lose their case after filing them.
    Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

I just read the most recent page of comments *shudder*

Comment

Originally posted by bainsidhe View Post
        I just read the most recent page of comments *shudder*
        I think Cruddy11 needs to meet the

And BigErn77....who the fuck says that for every false accusation, 3 real rapes should occur?!

Comment

That and the "where's the court documents and proof she was raped?"

Um, they DO realize it's an editorial, correct? This is not a research piece presenting facts and dates and times. I notice people questioning the lack of court documents, yet no one mentions the lack of birth certificate or info on the child. Or proof the woman passed the bar exam or was ever a student or is even female.

The disgusting comments support the basis of her whole article, where victims are judged in the court of public opinion and that people who don't even know her make assumptions about the rape and her life. So if there's no conviction, it didn't happen? We've had some shootings in my city and no one has been charged. Does that mean the victims aren't dead?

Comment

Originally posted by bainsidhe View Post
            That and the "where's the court documents and proof she was raped?"
            epsecially when she states whe had to agree to not pursue criminal charges to get her rapist to give up his claim to the child. Even worse, Paul Ryan, authored a law(that has not passed yet) to allow a rapist to prevent his victim from aborting if she was pregnant.

Anyone STILL think the GOP isn't in a war against women?
            Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

What the hell happened it looked for a while like the states were making progress but now, oi, the last couple years has convinced me more and more I never ever want to step foot in your country.

Comment

You can only blame the victim in a 'victimless crime'. That is to say, if the person committing the crime is the only one hurt by it.

I do not care what the woman was wearing, where she was at, how high/drunk she might have been, how many warning she ignored. There is only ever one person who is responsible for a rape, and that is the rapists. I had no idea that any rapist could in any state have access to their offspring, and frankly such a thing is horrifying to me.
                It wouldn't bother me at all for a rapist to support their child through a state third party, but I think its pretty clear that a rapist is not someone who has any business being involved in a child's life.

"This is your daddy sweety, he mercilessly stalked me, beat me to near death and then forced himself on me violating me in the worst possible way, have fun this weekend!"

Bullshit.

Comment

I want to know what happened to the idea that there are certain rights a criminal gives up while in the commission of his crime.

A male rapist who impregnates a woman should have no rights and all the responsibilities (particularly financially) unless the woman chooses to allow him rights.

A female rapist who becomes pregnant should not be able to force the father to have or not have any responsibility. The father should have the choice as to whether he wishes to assert parental rights, and if he chooses not to, should have no further responsibility towards the child at all.

Nobody should ever gain additional rights through the commission of a crime.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                  X