Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-Gay, Prop 8 Donor Busted for Sex with Young Boys

Article from Stonewall

An Anti-Gay, Prop 8 Donor active in his local church recently busted for decades of child molestation and rape. It's amazing how often times the biggest opponents to something are often times those that are guilty of it.

Some believe it's an overcompensation for guilt. That if they work to end it in other peoples' lives, it'll help to end it in theirs. Or that the more they publicly fight it, the less people will believe they're guilty of it.

It's getting to the point where I'd expect to see Jews running Neo-Nazi groups like in the movie The Believer.

Hypocrisy everywhere
    Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Hey, you forgot to mention that this guy was a teacher, too.

Another article at the LA Times

And then, despite the fact that he admitted to police that he molested boys, he entered a plea of not guilty in court.

Article at Redlands Daily Facts

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

A First grade teacher at that. "Like a kid in a candy store"

Comment

Or that the more they publicly fight it, the less people will believe they're guilty of it.
        It may be nitpicky to point out in this forum, but what he was publicly fighting (relationships between willing adults and legal recognition thereof) and what he was doing (molesting children) are vastly different things, no matter how much some opponents of the former like to claim otherwise.
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
          It may be nitpicky to point out in this forum, but what he was publicly fighting (relationships between willing adults and legal recognition thereof) and what he was doing (molesting children) are vastly different things, no matter how much some opponents of the former like to claim otherwise.
          That's only as far as Prop 8 is concerned. He is also an anti-gay activist. Unless homosexuality is negated in cases of rape or pedophilia, he's still gay and therefore a hypocrite.

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
            Hey, you forgot to mention that this guy was a teacher, too.
            Originally posted by crashhelmet View Post
            A First grade teacher at that. "Like a kid in a candy store"
            Oh great...now there will be LESS male teachers in primary/elementary schools after hearing this. Given that the public opinion (I know it's not necessarily reflected here) seems to be "If you're a male teacher taking elementary/primary school, you're a child molester", I get the feeling that a number of male teachers won't want to teach anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by crashhelmet View Post
              That's only as far as Prop 8 is concerned. He is also an anti-gay activist. Unless homosexuality is negated in cases of rape or pedophilia, he's still gay and therefore a hypocrite.
              Gay and straight are about what adults, if any, he's interested in. That his molestation victims were male doesn't necessarily have anything to do with it. Those who are interested in children tend to go for those most easily accessible.
              "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
                Gay and straight are about what adults, if any, he's interested in. That his molestation victims were male doesn't necessarily have anything to do with it. Those who are interested in children tend to go for those most easily accessible.
                And most pedophiles self identify as straight.
                Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Claims that he's a big-time anti-gay activist may be exaggerated:
                  http://www.boxturtlebulletin.com/2012/08/29/48152

Comment

I didn't see any reports that he was a "big time" anything other than pervert.

You should probably just treat "anti-gay activist and prop 8 supporter" as a single designation, not two separate statements. Although, I can't figure out how you can be a prop 8 supporter and not be an anti-gay activist by definition.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

When I originally found the article, I jumped from site to site to site that had featured it, trying to find out more info about it all. Either I misread what someone wrote or misremembered (to quote Roger Clemons) what I read. Either way, I bought into the assumption with the others.

The link HYHYBT posted sums up my feelings quite well:
                      I love schadenfreude as much as the next guy, and I love nothing better than to see anti-gay activists exposed for the pond-scum that many of them are. And make no mistake about it, if the charges against Hesse are proved, then he is the bond-scummiest of them all. But he’s no activist.
                      I was wrong.

Comment

It doesn't really matter that all his activism amounts to is throwing some pocket change at a cause; he is, by definition, an activist.

Saying he's not an activist is less honest than trying to claim that he's a more active type.

^-.-^

Comment

Dunno - that's a pretty thin definition of activism. To me, an activist is someone who does more than throw spare change into a collecting box. It's someone who goes out collecting money for a cause, or appearing in the media to promote it, or working to ensure the goals of the organisation are met.

Rapscallion
                          Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
                          Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

It may be on the thin side, but being thin doesn't push it off that side entirely.

This could go in with my thread about misleading headlines. So many headlines these days say things that aren't properly supported by the articles they reside over, and in some cases are outright contradicted by said articles.

Hell, I imagine the only reason they went with that is because it's an election year.

^-.-^

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                              It may be on the thin side, but being thin doesn't push it off that side entirely.
                              I still think it's reaching too far.

There's a huge difference between signing a petition to ban animal testing and breaking in to a lab and freeing potentially diseased animals, for example. I don't see that this guy authored Prop 8 or went out to get people to sign up to it.

Shades of grey, and some shades aren't worth considering important enough.

Rapscallion
                              Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
                              Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X