"This is How We Feed the Animals Here"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "This is How We Feed the Animals Here"

Two delegates to the RNC are ejected after throwing peanuts at a black woman who works as a camerawoman for CNN and shouting, "This is how we feed the animals here," at her.

Article at Huffington Post

The two were immediately ejected, but there are many who are calling for those guilty of the assault to be named. Others question whether the pair were ousted from the entire convention, or just removed from that venue.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

As bad as the incident was, the fact that the offenders were swiftly ejected from the proceedings actually reflects well on the RNC. What doesn't reflect quite so well is that these jackasses felt comfortable enough in the RNC environs to make such an openly racist assault.

People who dispute Poe's Law need to look to this event for evidence. There were people from all over the political spectrum who assumed that the early reports of this event were just a parodic poking at the RNC, not an actual event.

Comment

Being suspicious of everything, I see at least two other possibilities:

1) They could have been expressing hatred or disdain over her employer rather than race;

2) They could have been non-Republicans wanting to make the party look bad (not that it needs the help)

Neither seems as likely as the more obvious answer, but they're still possibilities to consider.
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
        Being suspicious of everything, I see at least two other possibilities:

1) They could have been expressing hatred or disdain over her employer rather than race;

2) They could have been non-Republicans wanting to make the party look bad (not that it needs the help)

Neither seems as likely as the more obvious answer, but they're still possibilities to consider.
        I don't think that #2 is likely. The RNC isn't an anyone-welcome event. You have to be invited. Granted, the standards for being invited are fairly lax (they have to fill up a football stadium, after all), but it does generally include being a known Republican.

With regard to #1, could you see the same event playing out if the cameraman was a white male, rather than a black female? I don't see it. While the upper echelons of the Republican party have a pretty obvious disdain for the working class, they do at least pay lip service to them. And the rest of the Republican Party is largely made up of working-class people, so I can't see treating someone who is simply doing their job as something subhuman.

Comment

Yeah, I don't think any serious charges are necessary, but it's still a disgusting thing to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
            Yeah, I don't think any serious charges are necessary, but it's still a disgusting thing to say.
            And do. Don't forget that these assclowns actually assaulted (a-salted?) the woman with their little display.

There is absolutely zero excuse to be throwing shit at someone like that.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
              And do. Don't forget that these assclowns actually assaulted (a-salted?) the woman with their little display.

There is absolutely zero excuse to be throwing shit at someone like that.

^-.-^
              This. So very much this.

I also think that the fact that the two jackasses were swiftly ejected reflects pretty well upon the organizers of the RNC. To me, it shows that they won't tolerate that level of behavior from anyone.

We have the DNC coming up next week here in NC (Charlotte is hosting it this time) so it'll be interesting to see how the Democrats behave in public.

As long as they duct tape Joe Biden's mouth, they should do fine by comparison.
              If life hands you lemons . . . find someone whose life is handing them vodka . . . and have a party - Ron "Tater Salad" White

Comment

Originally posted by DGoddess View Post
                I also think that the fact that the two jackasses were swiftly ejected reflects pretty well upon the organizers of the RNC. To me, it shows that they won't tolerate that level of behavior from anyone.
                and/or the bad publicity from that level of behaviour. Gotta control the message being fed to the livestock. If they had not assaulted her and only yelled at her, I wonder what would have became of it?

Comment

Update.

She wasn't even using a camera at the time and she standing near Fox News. So some assholes just saw a black woman and threw shiat at her.

Although:

Carroll said no one took the names of the attendees who threw peanuts at her Tuesday on the convention floor and told her, "This is what we feed animals." She alerted fellow camera operators, producers and CNN security. The head of the delegation — she was not certain of the state — told her the perpetrators must have been alternates, not delegates.
                  So they were just ushered out without naming names and someone came over to assure her those guys were totally not with us. Honest. -.-

Comment

At this point, do the Democrats need to use political ads? the Republicans seem to be making the Democrat's case pretty well.

Comment

Yes, they do. It doesn't matter how far off one side is if that's the only one you hear from.
                      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

my post was a joke based on the fact that the republicans seem to be proving why they are unsuitable for office perfectly well by themselves

Comment

Working...
                        X