Oh, Arizona...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, Arizona...

It’s Your Fault If You’re Sexually Assaulted by a Drunk Cop, and Other Lessons from Arizona

Long story short, off duty cop gets drunk, drives to a bar, and sexually assaults someone. Female judge lets him off, saying it's the victim's fault for being there.

A quote from the judge in the case
    "If you wouldn't have been there that night, none of this would have happened to you," Hatch said.
    Doesn't this set a precedent? Doesn't this mean I can walk up to some random stranger and punch/shoot/stab/castrate/whatever the hell I want to do to them and it's their fault for being there?

Does this mean the cop can now sue the department for unjust termination?

I was planning on driving down to Phoenix at the end of the month for the Dolphins vs Cardinals game. How much survival gear should I bring with me?
    Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

You know, I must say I am actually afraid of visiting some places in the U.S.A because I quite simply can not fathom how they work.

Comment

I dunno man, it's a Cardinals game, I'd at least bring a gas mask. Their QBs stink.

(Said by a die-hard Cards fan)
      "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
      ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Note to self, can sexually assault that judge and get away with it.
        I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
        Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

I put this up on my facebook. I'll say what I said there. I hope this cunt gets the chance to be in the victims situation, so she knows how it feels to be victimized like that. See what she has to say then.

Comment

I just... wow... I've got nothing. Not only did the judge blame the victim, she actually said that it wasn't the victim's fault before she blamed her.

Nice.

Comment

Definitely means I can walk into her house and slap her. After all, it's her fault for being there.
              Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

No, you can't walk into her house.

But if you encounter her anywhere in public, the gloves, as it were, would then be off.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                  No, you can't walk into her house.

But if you encounter her anywhere in public, the gloves, as it were, would then be off.

^-.-^
                  Yea, but it would have been her fault for being there. She didn't have to go home after all.
                  Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

I seriously hope that she gets punished for this bullshit, temporary (or permanent) removal from the bench or something.
                    "I like him aunt Sarah, he's got a pretty shield. It's got a star on it!"

- my niece Lauren talking about Captain America

Comment

I was looking into the cop and judge. On my search I found this petition . It looks like a lot of people are quite mad about this as they should be.

The worst part is the judge is trying to say she was quoted out of context and what she meant was something else. As a judge she meant it, her words have power. As far as I am concerned she needs to get off of her high horse and leave the state. I live in Arizona and i will not be walked on like that. I will also not have my state represent by a worthless idiot of a judge.
                      "Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe" -H. G. Wells

"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed" -Sir Francis Bacon

Comment

Originally posted by tabbyblack13 View Post
                        The worst part is the judge is trying to say she was quoted out of context and what she meant was something else.
                        I see this so often - when a (semi-)public figure makes an idiotic statement that draws howls of indignation and goes viral. Like the idiot who claimed that a woman's body could shut down a pregnancy if she was raped, or the idiot who happily crowed that they'd shut down abortion in their state by making it impossibly difficult to get one.

They never come out and say, yeah, that's what I said and I stand by it. No, it's always 'out of context' or 'misquoted'. Can't any of these people have the balls to stand behind their statements? Or even 'yes, that's what I said. But on reflection I've learned that I was in error. I retract my statement fully.'

Comment

I just..really? You know sometimes I get a little faith in humanity..then something comes along, stomps it to the ground..burns it to ash, then salts the earth. I know sometimes there is a 'thin blue line' thing going on..but this is just..wow.

Comment

Does anyone know if there was any sort of positive update on this?
                            "I like him aunt Sarah, he's got a pretty shield. It's got a star on it!"

- my niece Lauren talking about Captain America

Comment

Oh, the judge apologized and blamed "poor communication" for her hurtful words.

Of course, not much has been made of the shamefully inadequate sentence slapped on the ex-cop responsible for the entire incident.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X