No announcement yet.

How would you legislate prostitution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prostitution has been legalized for 10 years now over here in Germany. Prostitutes can work independently or under contract, charge VAT and pay taxes for their work, just as in any other job in the services sector. Some things are forbidden, such as pimping and prostitution under the age of 18. (Age of consent in Germany: 14)

I don't see why you'd need to legislate it in any other way than you would legislate the work of - say - a doctor, a massage therapist or an actor.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelmon View Post
      Prostitution has been legalized for 10 years now over here in Germany. Prostitutes can work independently or under contract, charge VAT and pay taxes for their work, just as in any other job in the services sector. Some things are forbidden, such as pimping and prostitution under the age of 18. (Age of consent in Germany: 14)

I don't see why you'd need to legislate it in any other way than you would legislate the work of - say - a doctor, a massage therapist or an actor.
      Now that's what I call a perfect setup. Why oh why can't the US pull it's collective head out of it's collective ass and do this as well?
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by telecom_goddess View Post
        Now that's what I call a perfect setup. Why oh why can't the US pull it's collective head out of it's collective ass and do this as well?
        But there is legislation that applies to doctors and, in some cases, a massage therapist. Education, certification, and licensing to say the least.

The legislation on prostitution here in Nevada is primarily to make sure the workers are clean and don't spread disease, as well as support their own health and well being. In a sense, it's how OSHA would apply to their line of work.
        Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

Working...
        X