Dark Knight Massacre patrons suing cinema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bainsidhe View Post
    Hmm, I'd like to learn more about this "potential" lawsuit before rushing to judgement. Mostly because I'm curious if this is being done for insurance purposes versus straight out gotta-blame-someone-gimme-gimme mentality.

From what I understand, the wounded are facing outrageous medical bills, not all of which are being covered by their insurance. The fund set up to help the victims is currently a joke, so what is someone which huge expenses to do?

Like I said, I'll continue to reserve judgement until I learn more.
    Ask and ye shall receive:

Article At Huffington Post

It's threefold: first one is suing them for a lack of emergency exit, second is suing the doctor for not monitoring his medication and the third lawsuit is suing Warner Bros because the movie was too violent.

I have one thing to say to that:

Lemonade? Please.

ETA: And another one ABC News this one has a one of the victims suing for trauma.

Basically in all three sources, it's been the uninjured parties who are suing, rather than the injured ones.
    Last edited by fireheart17; 09-10-2012, 11:32 PM.

Comment

The movie was too violent?

How the fuck would THAT matter?

Seriously, it was the PREMIER OF THE MOVIE. The violence of the movie has nothing to do with something that happened before anyone had finished watching it.

Unless we're going to assume that the killer was also psychic?
      "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
      ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

But Hyena, OBVIOUSLY the shooter just had that body armor and armory's worth of weapons to stay IN CHARACTER and he NEVER would have used them had the movie not been so gosh darn violent and THINK OF THE CHILDREN and oh god I want to slap the one who filed THAT lawsuit. -_-

Comment

Probably the same school of thought as those people who keep insisting that the shooter was dressing as the Joker. THE JOKER HAS GREEN HAIR DAMMIT!
          "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Working...
          X