No announcement yet.

This has been brewing for a while......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This has been brewing for a while......

OH horror upon Horrors

Another International organization covers up child molesters and pedophiles even after convictions
    I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
    The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Not a big surprise. As with the Catholic church, the insistence on scapegoating at least suggested that they weren't really willing to fix the problem.
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Gotta love the idiot comments cropping up.

Seriously....men who have sex with boys are gay?!

Let's make this clear:

HOMOSEXUALS prefer relationships with the SAME SEX ADULTS.
      PEDOPHILES want relationships with CHILDREN OF EITHER SEX. The gender of the child is irrelevant. >.>

Comment

Exactly. Pedophilia is all about opportunity and access. Do they have regular access to that child and the opportunity to get away with it? Boy, girl, toddler, teenager...these are all minor concerns if the opportunity and access are there.

Comment

Originally posted by fireheart17 View Post
          Gotta love the idiot comments cropping up.

Seriously....men who have sex with boys are gay?!

Let's make this clear:

HOMOSEXUALS prefer relationships with the SAME SEX ADULTS.
          PEDOPHILES want relationships with CHILDREN OF EITHER SEX. The gender of the child is irrelevant. >.>
          I question this only because you don't hear the stories of priests molesting the little girls that are Altar Servers (Yes, they do exist) or male coaches with girl teams.

Why can't it be possible for someone to be gay and a pedophile?
          Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

Originally posted by crashhelmet View Post
            Why can't it be possible for someone to be gay and a pedophile?
            Of course, that's possible... but that is almost as irrelevant as the possibility that someone could be a Red Sox fan and a pedophile.

Pedophilia is a very distinct condition that, from my understanding, is in many ways very separate from homosexuality or heterosexuality, especially if that person is only aroused by children.

Ask yourself this: If a man was found with a prepubescent girl, would you say something like, "That heterosexual pervert is awful!" and if not, then why is it any different if you replace "girl" with "boy" and "heterosexual" and "homosexual" ?

Comment

Originally posted by TheHuckster View Post
              Of course, that's possible... but that is almost as irrelevant as the possibility that someone could be a Red Sox fan and a pedophile.

Pedophilia is a very distinct condition that, from my understanding, is in many ways very separate from homosexuality or heterosexuality, especially if that person is only aroused by children.

Ask yourself this: If a man was found with a prepubescent girl, would you say something like, "That heterosexual pervert is awful!" and if not, then why is it any different if you replace "girl" with "boy" and "heterosexual" and "homosexual" ?
              People are arguing that Pedophiles don't care about the sex of the child. I'm saying that may not be true. They may only be attracted to little boys or little girls, whatever the case may be.

But this gets into a topic that I'll create another thread for.
              Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

Pederasts may only be attracted to young boys, and have no sexual attraction for young girls or grown men. Heck, it's even possible that a pederast may be sexually attracted to grown women and young boys, but not young girls or grown men!

It's just too complicated to make blanket declarations about.

Comment

It's not that they might not prefer one sex of child over another. It's that that has nothing to do with what, if any, sex of adult they're interested in, and that describing them as "homosexual" or "heterosexual" based on which children they molest gives the false impression, almost always intentionally that it's the same thing as, for lack of a convenient phrase, adult-oriiented orientation. It's deliberately designed to associate the concepts "gay" and "pedophile" closely in people's minds and serves no other useful purpose.

(Post-pubescent minors are a bit different.)
                  "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Statistically speaking, 95 percent of those who engage in pedophile activity are men who identify as heterosexual, and young girls. Yes, there are some homosexual pedophiles out there, just as there are some female pedophiles. Yet you don't hear people linking women and pedophilia as a 'given' the way some people link being gay and pedophilia as a 'given'.

Honestly, if anything, being straight and male would be the more 'obvious' link to pedophilia.

I should also point out that it tends to just be male homosexuals that get labelled thusly. Then again, gay men get a lot more vitriol and hate spewed at them than gay women do. It's horribly unjust and a really disgusting double standard on so many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by LewisLegion View Post
                      Then again, gay men get a lot more vitriol and hate spewed at them than gay women do. It's horribly unjust and a really disgusting double standard on so many levels.
                      Don'tcha know?

That's because two guys getting it on is a disgusting, stomach-churning, vile, disgraceful, vomit-inducing spectacle that causes God to drown kittens.

But two girls getting it on is so... so... Hmm, where's my redtube bookmark...

Comment

Oh, I know WHY there is a double-standard, but that doesn't make it any less wrong, unfair, and horrible that gay men are treated that way, yet gay women more often than not get a wink and a nod...and it all basically comes down to what straight males find acceptable. Straight males find gay males threatening to some percieved machismo. Straight males find gay women sexy.

This world needs to learn to care about more opinions than just those of straight males, if you ask me.

Comment

Working...
                        X