No announcement yet.

48% High School Seniors Admit to Using Drugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just wanted to point out that a good amount of people are too stupid to have a sense of personal responsibility. That's why we can't base laws off of that.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

I was taught the third definition, that of "alters the way the mind or body works." Some common drugs by that definition are caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, marijuana, and OTC meds like Benadryl. I honestly don't understand why people see a difference between imbibing alcohol and inhaling marijuana. They both alter your behavior in dangerous ways when taken too much. "We must outlaw all drugs because otherwise people will show up to work stoned!" Well, no. If someone shows up to work drunk, you fire him. You don't shut down every bar and liquor store in the city.

Now, I do see a difference between marijuana and party drugs. Certain drugs are taken solely and specifically for the purpose of getting high in extreme ways, with little or no regard for the consequences. Those drugs don't need be out on the street, even though I disagree with the war on drugs in general.

Comment

Working...
      X