Cop tases 10 year old...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cop tases 10 year old...

...for jokingly refusing to wash his cop car at a career day.

And that is why gun safety is important, a taser may be non-lethal but is still a weapon, people need to be careful with it.

It, is amazing how many things could be prevented by proper training and/or following the proper training.

For example, recently there was a cop who thought a burst tire was a hot and fired for bullets at the driver.

Comment

In response, Webb allegedly pointed his taser at the boy and said, “Let me show you what happens to people who do not listen to the police.” The 44-year-old cop then fired his Taser X26 model.
      I can't say it better than what the commenter Aaron Kulkis said:
      The biggest problem in this country is police with the "contempt of cop" attitude. Too many think they can give legal orders, as if they are judges. In actual fact, anything a police officer says is only a suggestion, not a legal obligation. Sometimes it's a good idea to follow a police officer's suggestion, and sometimes it isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by RedRoseSpiral View Post
        I can't say it better than what the commenter Aaron Kulkis said:
        Aaron Kulkis is giving terrible advice that's just going to get more people tazed. A police officer can in fact issue legal orders and disobeying them is a crime ;p. Its important to know your rights, yes, but arguing with a police officer is rarely a good thing. If an officer is being a prick, you take up after the fact. Not with the officer to his face, as that will likely land you in more shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
          Aaron Kulkis is giving terrible advice that's just going to get more people tazed. A police officer can in fact issue legal orders and disobeying them is a crime ;p. Its important to know your rights, yes, but arguing with a police officer is rarely a good thing. If an officer is being a prick, you take up after the fact. Not with the officer to his face, as that will likely land you in more shit.
          Er... Let's chalk this up to differences in country, or at the least a problem with word choice.

In the US, police officers are not an absolute authority. They have a very strictly limited set of circumstances in which they can give you orders, and a very limited list of orders that they can give*. Outside of those circumstances, they don't have the authority to give orders, and if they do, it's considered an abuse of power. It's very important to know your rights, and know when the police can and can't push you around.

* For example, a police officer who stops you for a traffic violation can order you to get out of your car. He cannot order you to give him all the money in your wallet, or for you to drive to a secluded place to "continue the interrogation."

Comment

I think the title of this thread is misleading. From what the article said, the cop did not seem serious in "oh if you don't clean my car you are getting tasered" but he was very stupid and careless in using a something so serious as a play thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekojin View Post
              Er... Let's chalk this up to differences in country, or at the least a problem with word choice.
              Or a problem with interpreting said words. No where did I say police officers are an absolute authority that can tell you to do anything they want. I said they can issue legal orders, which they can, and failure to comply with said orders is an offence. In *both* our countries.

Do you seriously think up here in Canada a police officer can order you to give him all the money in your wallet? =p

Comment

Originally posted by kibbles View Post
                but he was very stupid and careless in using a something so serious as a play thing.
                You misspelled "criminally negligent".

Comment

Originally posted by draco664 View Post
                  You misspelled "criminally negligent".
                  My bad!! I couldn't agree more and your word choice described it much better than mine!!

Comment

Working...
                  X