Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detention for hugging!

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/n...-1226508427889

Oh my lord, what the fuck is wrong with these people?

The whole reason behind the "no hugging" rule introduced in the first place was to spare the feelings of the kids not being hugged and because some kids were coming away with bruises ()

Zero-tolerance policies are nonexistent here (THANK GOD!) but seriously? DETENTION for hugging?!

Here in the US there are zero-tolerence rules for just about anything these days.

My Daughters school had a no hand-holding, no open affection, no touching no looking at each other and no staring at each other rule. (OK the last two were bogus but still...)
    I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
    The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

I think when they tried that bunk over here in the UK, one girl instigated an organised rebellion or something...

Comment

Originally posted by SongsOfDragons View Post
        I think when they tried that bunk over here in the UK, one girl instigated an organised rebellion or something...
        I kinda hope that happens here. Because that'd be the most adorable rebellion ever--kids hugging.

Comment

And I thought the US was bad with their damn idiotic rules.

Comment

Originally posted by bex1218 View Post
            And I thought the US was bad with their damn idiotic rules.
            Give 'em time, I'm sure they'll catch up quickly.

Comment

With all the bullying in the playground these days, and they're worried about HUGS??!!!!!!

Priorities people!
              You're Perfect Yes It's True.. But Without Me You're Only You!

Comment

I also have a problem with a quote the parent said. Basically calling school warm and fuzzy. Ok, maybe when the kid is in preschool (US, dunno how they do it in Australia). It shouldn't be strict like this, but it shouldn't be all unicorns and sunshine either.

Comment

At my school you could mack on your girlfriend after walking her to class, in front of her teacher, and get nothing but an eyeroll. >.>

Hell, my accounting teacher would tease me.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
                    At my school you could mack on your girlfriend after walking her to class, in front of her teacher, and get nothing but an eyeroll. >.>
                    My French teacher (she was AWESOME) would come up and embarrass the hell out of you and the girl you were macking on, very LOUDLY I might add.

Comment

What on earth is macking?!

ETA: Believe it or not, wikipedia did not give me an answer.

Comment

Making out, GANGSTA STYLE.

Werd.

Comment

Originally posted by the_std View Post
                          Making out, GANGSTA STYLE.

Werd.
                          O_o O....K then.

I think one of the more weirder rules down here that I've heard of with a few "upmarket" girls schools is this rule that the girls MUST wear their straw hats when they come in and when they leave the school grounds.

Comment

Originally posted by fireheart17 View Post
                            O_o O....K then.
                            Its just stupid late 80's, early 90's slang for making out. Currently about as cool as the term "radical" or "gnarly". -.-

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
                              Its just stupid late 80's, early 90's slang for making out. Currently about as cool as the term "radical" or "gnarly". -.-
                              "Groovy" on the other hand will always be awesome. Thanks to Ash.

Comment

Working...
                              X