More Family of Dead People Going After Deepest Pockets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
    If the solution was for the clerk to check both of the IDs of people at the counter, it sounds like the underage drinkers were likely with the adult buying the alcohol, thus the fine.
    Unless they do what a lot of people do:
    The of age person is the only one that goes in. They would lose their license if they sold to a minor knowing they need to check all IDs when its someone looking 40 or under.

I don't know the full situation. I check all IDs unless its older people or my regulars.

Comment

Originally posted by static View Post
      In the article linked I noticed a reference to a case where a teenage girl threw a party when her parents were away (to which people brought their own alcohol) and two people were in a crash afterwards. Their families sued the parents.

While it may not be true in all states, the owners of a house are often held responsible for any such goings-on at their residence because they "should have known" that such a gathering was going on.

...Because we all know that teenagers who plan to have a party ALWAYS tell their folks who are out of town that they're gonna have a party where alcohol will be involved...
      Originally posted by BlaqueKatt View Post
      *simple notebook, with the Name and ID# written down, two signatures(seller and purchaser), and on the cover was the laminated statement "by signing this register, I certify that I have reached the age of 21 years, and can therefore legally purchase Intoxicating Beverages, I also certify that this purchase will be consumed only by myself or other of age persons."
      I would be interested to see how such a suit would be handled here in Louisiana...Here, an of-age person can buy alcohol, take it home, and then *legally* serve it to an underage person, so long as the of-ager is a "responsible adult" and keeps the volume of alcohol to a reasonable level (read: if the teen ends up shitfaced, the adult would probably get hit with Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor or something). The most common way this is done, in practice, is just to let a youth have a small amount of wine, with food, at a big family dinner or celebration. They still can't TELL the cashier that this is their intent, however.
      "Judge not, lest ye get shot in your bed while your sleep." - Liz, The Dreadful
      "If you villainize people who contest your points, you will eventually find yourself surrounded by enemies that you made." - Philip DeFranco

Comment

Originally posted by EricKei View Post
        I would be interested to see how such a suit would be handled here in Louisiana...Here, an of-age person can buy alcohol, take it home, and then *legally* serve it to an underage person, so long as the of-ager is a "responsible adult" and keeps the volume of alcohol to a reasonable level (read: if the teen ends up shitfaced, the adult would probably get hit with Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor or something). The most common way this is done, in practice, is just to let a youth have a small amount of wine, with food, at a big family dinner or celebration. They still can't TELL the cashier that this is their intent, however.
        According to Wikipedia, only legal guardians may purchase alcohol for their own children. Which is apparently also true for Ohio, Wisconsin, and Mississippi.

Comment

Working...
        X