Hooters Waitress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooters Waitress

Now I'm female and I have nothing against Hooters. I've gone there several times and the waitresses are all very nice, even to me (which I appreciate since I'm not the drooling college boy who's going to give tips purely based on their rack (no, not all guys who go there do this)). I had already eaten but my friend had just woken up so he wanted to get some food.

The waitress we had is always amazingly sweet. The part that got me was that when I said I wasn't ordering anything she asked if I was sure and stated "well now you're going to make me feel bad because I'm going to be pigging out after work." She didn't say it in a bad way. I told her I had already eaten which seemed to make her feel better.

The part that gets me is this. She was drop dead gorgeous and was in no way over weight. Now I get that you have to stay in shape for that job but being so worried about your weight that a girl not ordering something (especially when it's one who, while not fat, is a bit overweight) makes you feel guilty about eating a big meal. Dunno. I felt bad for her mainly. Very few girls seem to not have the "still have to be a bit skinnier" mentality anymore.

Without having been there, it sounds like you may be overanalyzing her comment.
    She may have just been trying to make a joke, compliment you on your dietary resolve to avoid excessive eating, or just some random thought that popped out without any real backing and was forgotten right after saying it.

All things being equal, it is far healthier to be a little bit skinny than overweight. The real issue being that all things are never equal. If one must focus an inordinate amount of energy to maintain optimal weight, then stress would negate any health benefit gained.

I'm fat now, but in the past, because of a health issue, I had to radically change my diet. I know that I can lose weight because I have done it.
    After finding a medication that allows me to eat normally, I gained 100 pounds. I'm much MUCH happier now than I ever was as a handsome stick. If my family history didn't involve fatties living well into their nineties, then maybe I would have to reevaluate my lifestyle.
    But as it is, screw anyone that says that I SHOULD lose weight.

Comment

It's not so much that I found that one comment to be so amazingly horrible. Mostly that I thought it was sad because of having heard so many comments before from others about feeling bad about eating so much. And it wasn't so much a "wow I'm jealous of your resolve" so much as a "wow, now I feel guilty for eating." I may be explaining things a bit odd though. I got about half the sleep I should have last night.

Comment

Ah! Emotional indoctrination of society.....

(and people don't believe in conspiracy theories...)
        ZOE: Preacher, don't the Bible got some pretty specific things to say about killing?

SHEPHERD BOOK: Quite specific. It is, however, Somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Slytovhand View Post
          Ah! Emotional indoctrination of society.....

(and people don't believe in conspiracy theories...)
          I'm a bit confused as to what you mean

Comment

Just working on the theory that most of society is intentionally indoctrinated to think and feel a certain way - to keep them from actually 'making a difference' - and thus, the status quo continues.

Does that make any more sense? Or only confuse things more...( as per reading signs )
            ZOE: Preacher, don't the Bible got some pretty specific things to say about killing?

SHEPHERD BOOK: Quite specific. It is, however, Somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

Comment

Yup I think I get it now

Comment

Working...
              X