X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man gets jail after mocking disabled girl

I don't have much time to get into this so I'll leave the link here:

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...opstories.html

The second original charge, for the bus stop incident, was disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor of the fourth degree. A disorderly conduct is a minor misdemeanor and carries no jail time.
    He was NOT jailed for mocking her, infact the 30 day charge involved
    Bailey, she said, "was swinging a tow chain on his porch, saying he was going to choke me until I stopped twitching. I sent my kids with my mother-in-law to leave with them. My husband called the sheriff."

In Ohio, a menacing charge is a misdemeanor fourth degree, which carries a maximum of 30 days in jail.

Comment

Oh, geez... This is another one for the "Misleading Headlines" thread. >_<

As Ginger Tea so helpfully quoted, the article itself shows the HWFO factor of the headline, something that pisses me off to no end. Sure, he did get a jail sentence after having mocked the girl, but the jail sentence wasn't a direct result of the same.

I think the viral public shaming of the video is more than a justified response for his bullying her child. And the month in jail will give him some time to reflect on how stupid it is to threaten someone, regardless of the fact that it's just notching up the bullying.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Sounds like mocking her was the least of his offenses.

What a prickhead.

Comment

If all he had done was the videoed mocking, he would have served zero jail time and probably had no fines levied against himself and just had the fall out from the video to deal with.

Yes it's +1 to the misleading headlines thread and I doubt what he did would cross his mind much for those 29 days he has to serve which wont even take effect till the new year, so who knows what may happen between neighbours between now and then.

He might think about the actual crime he commited, but who's to say he won't do it again if all he's going to get is 30 days in the klink.

Comment

Working...
          X