First Asshole Tippers, Now This

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Canarr View Post
    Personally, I like "What you do unto the least of my children, you do unto me." But I gather that's not a very popular one.
    That's one of my favorite lines from the Bible.

The homophobes keep forgetting Jesus focused his attention on the most despised in his culture: tax collectors, prostitutes, and so on.

Paul urged slaves to be obedient to their Masters; not because he condoned slavery but because he wanted to prevent them from suffering unnecessarily. It's important to recall that most prostitutes in Jesus's time were slaves, and had no choice in the matter. So when Jesus told them to go and sin no more, he wasn't necessarily telling them to disobey their masters, but to control the things they could control in their lives.

I don't think Jesus would have condemned these people in the news story. There was plenty of this kind of behavior going on around him, yet he never spoke out against it. He wasn't there to tell people what NOT to do. He was there to tell people to love one another, and love God. That's it.
    Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

http://www.gaychristian101.com/are-l...the-bible.html

I'd like to print that out and hand it to the idiot restaurant owner.
      "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Working...
      X